Friday, September 27, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Waddle of Penguins...

Hi, all!

Wow - it's hard to believe, but it's Friday again, already!  Where oh where did the week go?  Oh well - Friday means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on, so let's get to it!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*


This is my handsome grandson Nathanael, with his very special friend, Penguin.  Penguin has become a very special member of the family for about the last six months, and so when I was deciding what to make for Nathanael's annual quilt this year, it was an easy choice - penguins!


I chose the Penguin Party pattern by Elizabeth Hartman.  These adorable penguins are traditionally pieced, no paper piecing.  Woohoo!  But boy do they have a lot of pieces!  And the pattern instructions start with making the eyes - lots and lots of eyes - that seemed to take forever...


But once I had the face units assembled, the penguins themselves went together pretty quickly...


One cute little guy...


...joined by a friend...


...and then there were three!


After a good afternoon's sewing, I ended up with enough to officially call them a waddle... and doesn't that make you smile?  I'm now officially halfway through making the penguins, so I should be able to finish the rest of them tomorrow morning.  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

23 comments:

  1. Love that quilt pattern - someday I too will get to it :)! Your grandson will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Nathaniel know he's getting a penguin quilt for Christmas? He's going to be thrilled. You are such a good grandmother. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable, Sarah! The quilt will be a hit, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is a wonderful waddle of penguins! Great work so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your penguins are adorable! Nathaniel will love his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You're whipping right through those penguins! If I was doing them, two a day would probably be all I could manage. They are turning out soo/sew cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The penguins look terrific. I have her pattern with swans but have been too afraid to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, your grandson’s photo with penguin is so heartwarming! Of course he needs a cute penguin quilt. I hope the next waddle of penguins comes together quickly. That’s a lot of tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The penguins are so cute! You are getting an extra hug from your grandson when he sees them.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful progress so quickly, they are stunning.This will be a great quilt for Nathanael, does he know what it will be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those penguins are almost as cute as your grandson :-) I used to collect penguins, so this quilt really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the penguins... is the last one going to have a wildly colorful body? You gotta have one in every family.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your penguins are fabulous. My daughter and I bought this pattern in the spring to make the quilt but haven't started yet. Now I want to start it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous penguins. I do love when I get to the bigger parts of her patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those penguins are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute penguins. My grandson also loves penguins. I have that pattern, too. I thought I may make a pillow case for him. I may make a pillow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, gosh, is he going to LOVE this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The penguins are adorable! Nathanael is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man............Aren't they the CUTEST ever?! Love those little guys all in a waddle! And my granddaughter "adopted" a penguin when she was about 9 months old. She is now almost four and the penguin who is named "Baby" is with her at all times. Baby has been everywhere, Man! ha! Nathanael is going to go bonkers over this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah! Oh my goodness, Nathanael and his Penguin are just SO darn cute. As are the penguin blocks you made! The faces and the fabric you chose for the bodies are just beyond cuteness. I know he is already so excited, if he's seen how far you are already. He'll just adore this quilt when it's finished. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those penguins are so cute! Nathaniel is going to love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!