Wednesday, March 3, 2021

I May Have A Scrap Problem... How About Some Scrappy Blocks?

 

Hi, all!

Well, today I actually worked on something scrappy!  One of our quilt ministry members ended up moving to another state as a result of a COVID-related job loss in her family, and we decided to make a collaboration quilt for her.  I finally picked up all the completed blocks this week and started laying it out on the wall today...


It's certainly going to be an eclectic quilt!  I had to add some strips to some of the blocks to bring them up to size and trim down some others.  All the outer blocks are 12.5" square.  I thought the center heart block was 36.5" square, but imagine my surprise when I sewed the side blocks together and they were longer!  Oops..... But easy enough to fix.  I'll trim it down a bit and add a stop border to bring it to the right size.  Hopefully this one will be assembled before the end of the week so I can take it to one of the other members for quilting.  She has a new long arm machine she needs to break in!

And how about a little inspiration?  Not as much as usual today because it's been a busy week, but I did find two really beautiful pairs of quilts....


I particularly love the front quilt - all that movement!!!


And the only thing better than one postage stamp quilt?  
Night and day twins!!

Have a great, scrappy week!

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. A farewell quilt, the centre heart is truly lovely, this is so full of love from every one who designed and sewed a block, the finish will be with someone else's loving hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to put disparate blocks together, but you've done a great job! What a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt to send to your friend who had to move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite surprised how much I like the front quilt on the Lynncarsonharris photo! Nice collaboration quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely start out to be a scrappy week here, Sarah. The BEST kind of week and I got my 1st COVID vaccine today!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!