Welcome to Monday, and a whole new week to spend! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I love the feeling of starting all over again that Monday brings....
But first let's see how last week's list went...
1. Keep cutting pieces for the vacation project.
Done! I'm all ready with my vacation project; I don't anticipate I'll be able to finish more than this (if I can even finish this one!) because the grandkids will be with us for part of the time we are gone, but I'm hoping to make a good start on it!
2. Finish deconstructing some pieces for the next puzzle quilt.
3. Plan the locations for the new pieces for the puzzle quilt after they arrive.
Done! And I've got the center of the quilt assembled...
Next up is the border. A good project for tomorrow, as I'm having a new shower door installed and I can work downstairs on that smaller project, preparing the blocks and layout.
4. Make a back for a 30's style quilt.
Done, but I don't have a picture yet! You'll just have to trust me.
5. Clean up the quilt room a bit, organizing the t-shirt scraps and sorting out the quilting cotton scraps into the right places.
Remember the story of Hercules and the Augean Stables? That's kind of what my sewing room is like right now, although I try to stay ahead of the game. At least my worktable is clear off and on!
6. Work on Sunday's H2H sign-up post!
Done! And so far, 187 people have signed up - isn't that awesome? Looks like it's going to be a banner year!
So it was a good, productive week last week. Let's hope this week I can do the same! Since last week, I've received requests for info on making four more quilts, so it doesn't look like things will be slowing down anytime soon. Here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Finish the border on the current t-shirt puzzle quilt.
2. If the backing arrives, quilt and bind that quilt.
3. Choose giveaway goodies for Sunday's H2H blogpost and write that post.
4. Start planning the next t-shirt quilt. (This should be fun, as I'm hoping to use a design from my new memory quilt book!)
5. It's that time again - I must do our 2020 taxes. (ugh)
6. Do some weeding and mulching in the yard if weather permits.
A busy week ahead! There's plenty more I can add to the list, too, if I manage to get this much done. But these are the things I really need to do, since next week will be a short week (because, VACATION!). No squirrels allowed around here right now - there's too much to do!
So now, the only question left is - - - what are YOU working on this week?