Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Make-A-List Monday - And They Just Keep Crankin' Out....


 Hi, all!

Is it as hot where you are as it is here?  Whew, it's been a scorcher over the past week, with ridiculous humidity levels that make it really easy to stay inside.  Unfortunately, my sew-jo seemed to go into hiding so I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but I still had a respectable week.  Let's take a look at last week's list...

1.  Bind five quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done - and I've actually put binding on six more too!  We'll get that stash built back up soon at this rate.


2.  Work on three commission memory quilts.
Started! I have all the HSTs made, the center of one top assembled, and three of the four borders for that quilt have been cut.  I'm a little nervous about the last one, as it needs to be railroaded (cut along the length of the fabric rather than across it) and then the corners matched and mitered.  Wish me luck!


3.  Order any needed materials for this year's annual quilts.
Done!  I picked up a couple of pieces at Joann's, and then ordered the balance online.  I'm excited to get started on them!

4.  Get Jolene back up and running (she decided to take a few spa days right in the middle of a quilting marathon, but Joe will be here this week to get her all fixed up!)
Hooray for Joe!  He fixed her, even though it ended up being major work instead of just a spa day.  I hope you're blessed with a great repairman like I am!

(Oops overnight break here as I fell asleep while writing....)

OK - so here's what I'll be working on this week...

1.  Quilt at least three quilt ministry quilts, then bind and wash.

2.  Complete at least one memory quilt top.

3.  Cut out at least one annual quilt.

4.  Begin planning repairs on a vintage top.

5.  Quilt a top for a patient friend.

There's so much more I could add to this list, but I'll stop there.  I'm looking forward to wiping some long-standing obligations off the list in the next few weeks, with any luck.  

So now my only question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday, Sounds like another busy week which is always a good thing. So glad Jolene's surgery went well and she is back in commission. Sounds like she has a lot of work to do. Lol. Have a great week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm not the only one who falls asleep while writing my blog! lol The new plans sound exciting and it's good you finished up so many ministry quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falling asleep while blogging usually occurs when I am trying to get just a few more things done when I shouldn't. Hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you accomplished a lot by just binding all those quilts! Have a great week Sara:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered why the post was a day later than usual, but I just have to ask. Is your friend patient because she's been waiting for you to get to her quilt or because she's been ill? Curious minds want to know. LOL Hope you're caught up on the sleep now.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!