Monday, August 30, 2021

Make-A-List Monday - Back in the Groove!

 


Hi, all!

After a tumultuous weekend for much of the South, Monday has finally arrived! If you were affected by Hurricane Ida, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  The scenes we've been seeing on television of the storm damage have been horrific, and it looks like it will be a long time before things are back to normal.  We are now getting the first of the rain bands from Ida here in Tennessee, so we've got a couple of rainy days ahead of us, which means more quilting time!  I've got projects lined up and ready to go...

But first, let's se how last week's list went...

1.  Assemble Nathanael's annual quilt top.
Done!  And I found the perfect print for the back, too.


2.  Figure out why Jolene is skipping stitches, and quilt the top on the frame.
Done!  Turns out that the new needle I put in was bent and was causing her to skip.  After trying everything else, that was all that was left and as soon as I changed the needle, all was well!   And look how pretty the quilt turned out....


3.  Do some very cautious frog-stitching (rip-it, rip-it) on a vintage top to allow for some repair work.  (It takes a lot longer when you have to be really careful....)
Done!   I had to sit with the kids three mornings last week while each one had doctor's visits, and managed to finish deconstructing the quilt top just as Nancy got home with the last kid on Friday!  No pictures, though.  But I'll have pictures after the top is put back together... 

4.  Put out fall decorations on the front porch and around the house.
Done!  I really went all out on the front porch, using most of my stash of fall decorations.  Looks like I'll need to get some more!


5.  Start piecing Emmy's annual quilt.
Not only started, but finished!  Didn't this turn out cute?  I just love Lorna's (Sew Fresh Quilts) patterns!


So a good and productive week, all in all!  And lots to work on this week, too - here's what I'm hoping to get to next....

1.  Make a back for Nathanael's quilt.

2.  Make a back for a friend's quilt.

3.  Load that quilt on the frame and get'r done!

4.  Load up the memory quilts backing on the frame and start quilting them.  

5.  Start cutting and piecing a Christmas gift quilt.

6.  Find and make a back for Emmy's quilt.

7.  Start repairing and re-assembling the vintage quilt top.

More than enough to keep me out of trouble, that's for sure!  I'm excited to get some of these obligations out of the way so I can work on some of the projects I've had on the back burner for way too long - my Christmas present to myself.  

And now I have one burning question - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. This week is getting my entries for the fair ready, making sure everything has a label and the larger quilts have sleeves, covering the labels with pinned muslin scraps, and finishing up the last entries in other categories. Then I have a new quilt to start, and I'm beginning the work for Autumn Jubilee 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! Great job! Didn't realize you were in TN. For some reason I thought you were out west. We had rain and storms yesterday. Not sure which weather system they were from. Looked like we were wedged between two on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post--I love the quilts (tops) you have made and the one off the frame is gorgeous--glad the new needle solved the problem of the skipped stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!