Friday, July 30, 2021

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Different Kind of Week...

 

Hi, all!

Wow - is it Friday already?  This week has literally flown by, along with the rest of July.  Can you believe that next week it's August, and in most of the country, kids will be heading back to school within a few days or weeks?  I spent some extra time with the kids this week after my daughter reminded me that they start school next week (fingers crossed!) I'm kind of curious how my youngest granddaughter will do back in the classroom full time - she honestly never stops talking!  

But enough chatter (I wonder where Emmy gets it from!) it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Well, my week started off with a whimper instead of a bang, when Jolene decided (about one square foot from the end of a quilt) that she needed a spa day.  Much to her chagrin, it went from a simple spa day to pretty major surgery...


Yes, that's her upper drive on that table!


Joe, my repair guy, had to open her up e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e to get to the problem, but thanks to his superior skills, she's back to normal! And I didn't have to indenture any of the grandkids to him at the end of the day.... whew!


Hooray!!!  I'll need to get some ministry quilts on there (including that last square foot she left undone...) but she says she's ready to get back to work!


But don't think I was just sitting on my hands while Jolene was out of commission - I put the center of this memory quilt together, and cut some of the borders.  Hopefully this will be assembled sometime today!


And I put the binding on six quilts for the ministry - we're slowly but surely getting our stash built back up again.  Aren't they pretty?

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight. 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


12 comments:

  1. Question, rather than a comment: can I post a “share” of what I’m doing at the bottom of your Friday blog post only if I have already posted it somewhere else? In other words, only if there is somewhere to which I can provide a link? I would like just to upload a photo and describe what it is as I have not posted nowhere bout my recent accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like our machines decided to hiave a SPA day...
    You are making a Beautiful memory quilt. 6 quilts done! This is fantastic, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continually amazed at what you accomplish each week. Glad Jolene is back and ready to crack out more quilts! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always busy and productive! You are so lucky to have a fantastic repair guy...back in business again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the workout you give Jolene, it's no wonder she needed a little refresher. And you are so lucky to have a repair guy who makes house calls.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the looks of that picture, it sure looks like major surgery. Glad she's happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This month and week have flown by and I can not believe it is already back to school time. I am so glad you have so many pretty projects to keep you busy as your machine is in surgery. lol. Thank you for hosting the link party and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad she's back up and running. I have no idea where July went. It seems like time is flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! No fun at all. But the good news is she's repaired and ready to go! And wow! Bunches of bound quilts are done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that all is well, I can say it is interesting to see the inner works of the quilting machine! Glad it has a happy ending! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You still got heaps done despite Jolene having a bit of a rest. Lovely heap of folded quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that Jolene needed a spa day (which resulted in surgery!) The Beast has an appointment for a Puff and Buff Mini Spa next week. Not a minute too soon, as the check spring was nearly severed when I finished the last quilt on the rails!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!