Monday, July 5, 2021

Make-A-List Monday - It's Beginning to Look....

 

Hi, all!

I almost forgot it was Monday!  Long holiday weekends always mess up my internal calendar, how about you? But the fact remains, it is Monday and that means it's time to look back and look ahead.  So let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Finish shifting things around in the studio, with Lilli's help.

Done!  Or at least well in progress.  Lilli's a great helper, and then my husband chipped in this weekend and did this...



We got a new TV for our den (Amazon Prime Days are dangerous!) so my husband moved this one upstairs for my studio.  It's so nice to be able to see the guide from across the room now!  The shelves are some old IKEA shelves I had in my studio at the other house and they work perfectly in this spot for a little added storage.

I'll share more pictures of the studio later this week!

2.  Test a pattern for a friend.

Done!  Preeti of Sew Preeti Quilts designed this beautiful wall hanging and I got to test the pattern!  It's called Novella.  If you like this and want to make one of your own, she's offering a 25% discount on the pattern until July 15th. Click here to go to the pattern in her shop!

3.  Cut out the prototype for the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along.

Done!  All cut out, and I've started construction on the blocks, too.

4.  Quilt at least one ministry quilt.

This was stymied a bit because of the disarray in my studio - it was hard to get to the quilting machine until the tv and shelves were mounted on the wall.  But I did bind this pretty quilt for a special person - it will be gifted later this week and I can share more afterwards.

It was also an interesting week on the cooking front!  We've had wood-fired pizza several times in the past few weeks, and I wondered out loud if we could make a pizza oven of some sort to get the same kind of texture and flavor at home.  My husband said we should be able to do it in his Kamado Joe smoker, so on Friday we decided to give it a try!  He fired up the smoker with a pizza stone in it, and I made a pizza (with home-made crust, I have to say!)....

And look!  It isn't pretty (I need to work on getting the crust dry enough on the bottom so it can slide on and off the pizza peel easier) but it sure did taste good.  Making it in the smoker gives it a totally different flavor and really takes it up a notch!

So that's what last week looked like.  Lots got done, even if it doesn't look like it.  And here's what I need to get to this week...

1.  Finalize the plans for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop.

2.  Finish the prototype quilt for the quilt-along.

3.  Quilt at least one ministry quilt.

4.  Have a baking day with Lilli.

5.  Finish up the last little bits in the studio and take some pics!

Plenty to keep me busy and more!  So now there's only one more question - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!


Sarah

PS I could still use a few more bloggers for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop if you're interested - but speak up quick!!! Email me at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com if you're willing.

8 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at what you get done in a week. Maybe some day I'll get there. I agree that Amazon Prime days can be dangerous. And I have to say, that some of the best pizza I've had was baked in a smoker. We had mac-n-cheese this weekend that was made in a smoker. The flavor was amazing! All your quilts always turn out so lovely. I can't wait for next week's updates. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a busy bee this past week and loved reading your plans for this week. Have a wonderful week and Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your studio is coming along nicely. I agree with the first comment, How do you get so much done in a week !!?? lol.

    I suppose I could lots done if I limited my time online a bit more, but all the quilty eye candy gets me everytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. try a little corn meal on our pizza peel...should slide off easier...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wel, done on the organising in your studio, that pattern of Pretti's is lovely. The quilt you bound is beautiful, love the heart in the centre. Well done with the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a local shop that does wood fire pizza - delish! Wish I could do the hop, but things changed quickly here. Just trying to breath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great weekend! The newly bound quilt is very pretty! I will have to try our Friday night pizza that way soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!