Monday, March 6, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Chugging Right Along!

Hi, all!

Wow, did this week just fly by!!  But it was a good, productive week, so let's see how I did on last week's list....

1.  Deliver quilts to church.

Done!  Take a look at all. those. quilts!  That's the combined product of Piper, Susan, and me for one week - thirty quilts!


2.  Pick up a new stack to work on this week.

Done!  This is the stack I picked up last Tuesday - and nine of them went back to church on Sunday.  The other two were still in the dryer!  And I picked up five more to bind on Sunday.

3.  Finish the final tutorial.

Done!  We revisited the Supernova quilt tutorial, and this is my most recent version...

4.  Help my SIL with the grandkids while my daughter is out of town.

Done!  It turned out to be pretty easy - just one afternoon!

5.  Quilt as many ministry quilts as possible.

I didn't quilt any this week, but I did put binding on 16 quilts that will be added to our piles!  Here's my stack just from today...

6.  Clean off that table top in my studio!!!

Done Done Done!!!  I am thoroughly excited about this - because the table top went from this....

...to this!!!

I wish I could move that large brown and white basket, but it holds my trash bag - because SOMEONE likes to steal things out of the trash so I have to keep most of it up there out of reach.....

And while I was at it, I cleaned off the other workstation table top...

It feels SO much better in my studio now!  Plus an added benefit - I found a few things that had gone missing when I cleaned up!  It's amazing how much easier it feels to work in a neater space.

So it was a very productive week, and I can only hope that this week is just as productive.  It's starting off well, with the five quilts I put binding on this afternoon.  Here's my list for the rest of this week....

1.  Meet with a quilting customer Tuesday morning.

2.  Pull together more "kits" to quilt at church Tuesday night.

3.  Quilt ministry quilts!

4.  Start on a reorganization of my fabric stash.

5.  Start prepping handwork to take on vacation in a few weeks.

6.  Start prep work for Hands2Help 2023!

I don't think I'll be bored this week, do you?  Bree and I have been enjoying the warmer weather outside, but we're coming up on some cooler and rainier days so it should be easier to work inside.  


And now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little helper you have!!! No wonder you get so much done!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and getting back to what you love to do! Bree is a sweetie! Happy Stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a good week, isn't it?! Beautiful pic of you and Bree! I'm going to piece the Presto Change-O kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so much accomplished last week and this weeks' list is impressive too! I'm currently working on the orange & white modern irish chain quilt from your tutorials :-) along with getting current on the Sewcialites2 qal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much done! I love Supernova. Can't wait to see what H2H 2023 has in store for us...always fun things during the drive for more charity quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you are such an inspiration with all you get done! I've been cutting my scraps for charity quilts. I have 6 quilts cut out so far and another that I'll start cutting out tomorrow. I still have scraps on the cutting counter and haven't made a noticeable dent in them yet. I have a 4 day quilting retreat in April, I plan to sew as many of them as I can while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for supernova tut...i see one of those in my future...i have some lovely batiks waiting for a project...and wow, what progress...the quilting tornado trio!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!