Monday, May 15, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Almost Beach Time!

 

Hi, all!

It seems like last week just flew by, and yet, when I look at my pictures, I found out that I actually accomplished quite a bit!  Let's take a look at last week's list.....

1.  Quilt a customer quilt.
Done and delivered!  As before, it's a gift so I can't show it all, but here's some peeks...



2.  Write up fabric organization guidelines for church.
Done, and we actually started sorting and cutting last Tuesday.  This is the same technique I've been using at home - pieces of a yard or more on the shelves, with anything smaller cut into half yards, fat quarters, 10" squares, 5" strips and 2.5" strips. It's going to take a lot longer at church, but it will hopefully make it a lot easier to see what we actually have!

3.  Pull together a couple of kits to take on vacation.
This is in progress - I'm thinking I will be making Emily Bailey's scrappy X & Plus block and I've pulled a bunch of 10" squares for that.  

4.  Quilt a donation quilt for Little Lambs of Utah's annual fundraiser.
When I put this on the list, I was anticipating quilting a top I had already made.  But when I tried to figure out how to quilt it, I was stumped!  So I regrouped, pulled out a free pattern and a bunch of fat quarters from my stash, and made this beauty!


All the fabric for the top came from my stash, but I didn't have a piece for the back, so it was off to the store!  Fortunately I found a great match, and I have a plan for the quilting.  Now if I can just get it on the frame in the next few days.....

5.  Pull weeds in the front flower bed.
Done!  My husband, bless him, decided that it would be a good Mother's Day present to help me get those weeds out and he was right!  It looks so much better now, and look what showed up this morning!


I also decided Friday that I was going to start a new habit/routine - cutting and sorting all the scraps that had accumulated on my worktable during the week.  Hopefully this is one I'll be able to keep up!  So I started with this bin (which was actually fuller when I started)...


...did some serious cutting...


...and ended up like this!


I'd sure love to be able to do that every week!

They also gave out the quilts to our high schoolers at church this week.  I was so happy to get a shot of some of their happy faces!


So it really was a productive week, all in all!  This is a short week for me, since we are leaving on vacation Friday, but I do have some things I need to do.  Here's my list for the week...

1.  Quilt the donation quilt.

2.  Quilt some baby tops to add into the box for Little Lambs.

3.  Package and mail prizes from last week.

4.  Pick out some giveaway items for this Sunday.

5.  Finish vacation kits.

I think that's about all I'll have time for, and maybe not even time for that much, but we shall see!

Meanwhile, I wanted to share a picture with you, of Bree surveying her kingdom.  She likes to play "noble dog" and she's really very good at it!


And now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah


8 comments:

  1. You HAVE been productive this week. I'm still working on H2H quilts. Sent the first box off already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the name of the free pattern? Dotti in CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also sew with a church group, but I’m the only quilter! Do you use an Accuquilt or another system to cut the pieces at church? We are starting to get through some pieces but there is SO MUCH! We make totes to hang on walkers, placemats, baby blankets, adult bib/aprons. What are some other projects your group does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us cut by hand, using rulers and rotary cutters, but we do have a Studio cutter that someone donated to us which is wonderful for cutting binding strips, etc. We will probably use it more when we move into cutting up the scraps. (And yes, scraps reproduce while we aren't watching!) We mainly focus on making quilts, although we have made placemats, pillowcases, and pillowcase dresses for special mission needs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know. We are always looking for new ideas for sewing. I love hearing about your adventures and inspiration.
      Lois

      Delete
  4. What a great week! Nice to see who gets some of the quilts you make!!! Bree is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've taken a vacation, and I'm doing some embroidery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!