Monday, May 8, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Baby Quilts Galore!

 

Hi, all!

I have been a bad bad blogger, and completely flaked out on last Monday's blogpost!  But that doesn't mean I haven't been sewing and organizing and all the other things.  So let's see how that old old list went....

1.  Assemble the baby quilt.
Done - and now that it's gifted, I can show it off!


Front... and back!


2.  Mail out giveaway goodies from Sunday's giveaway!
Done, and people have already received them!

3.  Pull weeds in the front flower beds.
I didn't get to this one - the weather just wasn't cooperative!

4.  Work on a design for another baby quilt.
I didn't work on this one, but I did make some baby quilts - you'll see them in a minute!

5.  Keep working on the fabric organization.
Oh, did I work on this one!  And I'm so happy with how it looks...


And in the course of cleaning up my studio, I found several projects a friend had started and then gifted to me when she moved.  The first were the nine Courthouse Steps blocks in the center of this quilt.  I added some white muslin sashing, some 2.5" squares from my stash, and a long-hoarded Kaffe Fassett Artisan stripe to create this pretty little quilt!


I also found a pile of pre-cut pieces, enough to make these two cute little quilts!  All three of these are destined to be donated to Little Lambs of Utah as part of this year's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge.


Cleaning and re-organizing does have its advantages - I've found several really nice pieces of fabric that I completely forgot I had!  It's kind of like Christmas around here right now!

I also spent some time in the quilt room at church this week, working on the sewing machines and getting a more accurate projects list up on the blackboard.  Now that our big projects are out of the way, it's time to work on some organization in the Sweatshop, too - it's looking a little bit raggedy!



And here's what's on my personal list for this week....

1.  Quilt a customer quilt.

2.  Write up fabric organization guidelines for church.

3.  Pull together a couple of kits to take on vacation.

4.  Quilt a donation quilt for Little Lambs of Utah's annual fundraiser.

5.  Pull weeds in the front flower bed.

Way more than I can probably get to, but I'll try to get the most important stuff first.  Isn't that the way it always goes?  

So now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS If you are looking for a great scrappy block for H2H quilts, check out Sandra's tutorial!

7 comments:

  1. Your stash wall looks awesome and the baby quilts are so pretty. I have to get back to sewing, its been on the back burner lately and I really miss it. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute baby quilts. Love how you used up the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric organization is impressive. Love the baby quilt with the linen and the found baby quilts are so sweet. I did receive my gift last week and it will live on my cutting table...so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping the flow going and being organized is effort, but it results in lovely quilts and a clearer mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good week! the new ufo's are happy to be finished (mostly) and I enjoyed seeing what you are up to! I'm enjoying finishing a top for the donation pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the grey baby quilt. This week I am working on progress on my H2H quilt. 'Got to make a photo and post, get linked up too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy while I've been busy! Those quilt pieces really help move things along, don't they? I'm not a Fassett fan, but in this case, it worked beautifully! I always love seeing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!