Friday, October 27, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Ahead of the Game!

 

Hi, all!

It's finally Friday!  It seems like it's been a super-long week, but we've made it to the end, and we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

As many of you know already, each year I make a quilt for each of my grandkids - a labor of love that my daughter wishes I would rein in sometimes, because they have LOTS of quilts at their house!  But the grands love it, so I keep doing it.  

And I'm so very happy to say that as of today, all three of their quilts are completed....


...except for the labels, which I will prepare and add closer to Christmas.  Each label contains information about things they did in the past year, and it takes a while to compose them in my head before I print them out onto fabric.  But the quilts are finished!


I'm also whooping about this beautiful bouquet of fall leaves that my grandson collected for me last night!  Growing up in Florida, I didn't get to see the leaves change each year and it still amazes me - such a glorious transformation!  This little bundle of leaves is a radiant spot on my kitchen counter....


I'm also whooping because I finally started the quilting on this handmade hexagon quilt top I put together last year.  I've got something special in mind for it, but first I need to finish the quilting.  I've done the straight line quilting in one direction, but there are two more sets of straight lines I need to do through the other points.  It makes my back ache, but it's going to be worth it, I think!


And for your weekly dose of Bree, look at how nicely she was waiting for me while I was quilting Thursday!   For an active little dog, she sure can be patient when she wants to be, and I appreciate that about her so much!  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Three finished Christmas quilts before it's even November? That's definitely something to whoop about, especially when they're as nice as yours. Lucky grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge goal completed on the grands' quilts!!! the hexie quilt will be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really a great and useful piece of information. Keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep us up to data like this. Thanks for sharing and Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone loves it Great website, continue the good work! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!