Monday, October 16, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Quilting Week Continues!


Hi, all!

Welcome to another beautiful fall Monday!  Well, actually not too beautiful around here - it was gray and overcast all day, but at least it's finally sweater weather!  I do love that it puts me more in the mood to work in my studio, and this view of the tree outside my window always makes me smile....

So now, let's see how I did on last week's list....

1.  Quilt the top for the special recipient.
2.  Quilt the baby quilt.
3.  Quilt Nathanael's annual quilt.
4.  Quilt Lilli's annual quilt.
I've lumped all these together, and you'll see why in a minute.  The first top on the left is the quilt for the special recipient (#1).  The quilt on the right is the baby quilt (#2).  I didn't get a chance to quilt Lilli's quilt or Nathanael's quilt yet, but I did quilt a couple of quilts for the ministry - the one in the center of this picture....


...and this beautiful top, which was donated at just the right time for a special quilt ministry need which arose unexpectedly.


So even though I didn't get to two of the quilts on my list, I did manage to quilt four tops, like I wanted to.

5.  Find a back for this beautiful vintage top I found at a fall sale this past weekend!
I had this wonderful navy print in my stash that I think is going to look great on this quilt!  Hooray for stash!


6.  Work on piecing Emmy's quilt.  
Tada!  Emmy's top is finished, and I did decide to add sashing - a narrow 1" strip between the blocks, and a 2" border.


So I'm really pleased with the progress I made this week - lots of quilting happened, and progress was made!  Here's what I'm planning on working on this week.....

1.  Quilt at least three quilts.  Top of my list is the annual quilts for the kids so I can quit stressing over them, but I think I have seven or eight more tops that are ready for quilting!

2.  Hem two pairs of jeans for my husband.

3.  Make backs for three vintage tops I have in my stash.

4.  Work on processing my overflowing scrap bin!  Isn't this embarrassing?


And just in case you think Bree has been neglected this week, take a look at the silly picture I took of her as she was playing with the large squeaker she managed to get out of one of her toys...


She wandered around holding it like a cigar in her mouth for a couple of hours one day before she finally chewed one end off and I had to throw it away.  Goofy dog!

So now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Love your quilt tops! Also, have to say that is one beautiful pup!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made really good progress on last week's list. I look forward to seeing the kid's quilts all done...I'm sure you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it except for the hemming pants part. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with Emmy's quilt!!!! The backing for the vintage quilt is just right!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!