Friday, October 20, 2023

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Not Much To Show.....

 

Hi, all!

It's Friday again - - - and we all know what that means!  It's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I have to admit that it's been a weird week around here - Monday and Tuesday had some unusual things scheduled that interfered with quilting time, and then Tuesday night I had some viciously spicy kung pao chicken for supper that had my stomach tied in knots all day Wednesday.  And then Thursday, my grandkids were off from school (teacher workday) so I took advantage of it to spend some quality time with them.  But I do have one thing I'm whooping about this week....


...we finally found someone to replace the old and very rickety stairs that used to be here!  They've needed to be replaced for a couple of years but it's been really hard to find someone willing to do such a small job.  Then a friend suggested a guy who had done good work for him - what a blessing!  Within a week he had come out, given us an estimate, and four days later came out to do the work.  

I've added a solar light cap to the post on the left (next to the wall) and a new doormat.  I also want to hang up my red metal barn quilt on the brick wall, but I need help from my husband to do that.  Maybe this weekend!  I will post an updated picture once all that is done.



And this is kind of silly, but it made me smile when I saw it one morning this week - when I entered my studio I saw what looked like a spotlight on my sewing stool!  It's just the way the light is reflecting off the tree into the window, but it is kind of pretty, isn't it?

So - - - even though it's not much, can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?



What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. sometimes it is the finish of a small job that has us happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good renovation perk!!!! I thought something had spilled onto your studio carpet!!!!! lool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new steps look great. I look forward to seeing the new additions to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the looks of your studio. The crabs dancing is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pics yet, but I have managed to get the back for my current commissioned quilt together. Next up will be putting the border on it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new steps! Some weeks are quilty, others are the rest of the things we love/do in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new steps! You have probably been having your sewing stool a while but where did you purchase it? I have looking at a stool vs a chair for my second sewing station.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!