Monday, October 9, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - It's Fall, Y'all, and Quilting Week!

 


Hi, all!

Monday has come around once again, and with it, cooler weather - it looks like fall has finally started!  I'm really enjoying it, but Bree is over the moon - she spends large parts of the day romping in the back yard and rolling in the grass.  Is the weather cooling off yet where you are?  

Despite the pretty weather, though, I did get some sewing done this week!   Let's see how last week's list went....


1.  Finish the baby quilt top.
Done, and ready to quilt!  And not only the top, but a pieced back too!



2.  Bind five quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done - and of course, I forgot to take a picture before I took them to church Sunday.  But trust me, they're finished!


3.  Assemble a beautiful pile of blocks we received in the mail for the ministry this week.
Done!  And I decided to put sashing between the blocks, because I am entirely too lazy to match all those seams - and I LOVE IT!


4.  Quilt a top for a special recipient.
I haven't quilted it yet (more on that later) but it is loaded on the frame and ready to go!


5.  Draft out a design for a new fall quilt for my bed.
Thanks to Amy at Diary of a Quilter (who is quite the enabler) I think I have an idea for what I want to do for my next quilt.  She mentioned this pattern in her newsletter and I fell in love with the gorgeous maple leaf blocks!  The pattern is Fall Leaves by Cluck Cluck Sew.


So all in all, not a bad bit of productivity for the week!  And I've decided that this week is going to be quilting week.  I've got a bunch of quilts ready to go, and I think that will be my focus.  So here's my list for this week....

1.  Quilt the top for the special recipient.

2.  Quilt the baby quilt.

3.  Quilt Nathanael's annual quilt.

4.  Quilt Lilli's annual quilt.

5.  Find a back for this beautiful vintage top I found at a fall sale this past weekend!


6.  Work on piecing Emmy's quilt.  This is what I'm working on right now - 25 patch blocks from an ocean-themed fat quarter bundle.


I'm thinking, though, that this might also be interesting with a deep sapphire blue sashing between the blocks, so I may fiddle with that and see how it looks!  Oh the possibilities!

If quilting week goes really well, I've got several other tops I could throw on the frame, including two more vintage tops.  And since I hit that sale a few weeks ago, I've got backing options!  

And I saw a funny today that I want to share with you (mainly so you have this song running through your head too!)


So now, I really need to know - - -  what are YOU working this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage quilt and I love the one you've started for Emmy! Nice work accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage quilt!
    As for what I'm working on this week - last night I started labeling t-shirts for a custom order so that I know where they go in the quilt and to make sure that I have all I need. Next up is ironing the interface onto the shirts and cutting to size. Have a short due date on this order so lots of work coming on it. And have 3 order commissioned quilts waiting in the works as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good work there, Lady.
    I did get my sewing machine moved into my new apartment, but the fabric and tools are still on the road with the movers... few more days to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have moved about 250 miles from PA to NY for my job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Shades of Autumn from Lou Lou's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would add the sashing in between those blocks too!! Great idea! Emmy's quilt looks awesome! That's a lot of patches! The vintage quilt is beautiful. What a great find! Now I have the Eagles running through my head! Your ear worm worked! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!