Monday has rolled around once again, and it's going to usher in a slightly different week for me - filled with things I've needed to do for a while! But more about that in a minute - first let's see how last week's list fared...
1. Work on the blocks for the tie/memory quilt. (This one has to be finished by Halloween.)
Done! I finished the 100 blocks required Sunday afternoon, and will work on assembling them this week!
2. Quilt six quilts for Stash Builder Box!
Done, and they've been sent to Amanda for distribution to this quarter's charity, Peach's Neet Feet!
3. Finish the pillow tops.
Done! Here's just a teaser of one of the tops...
Stay tuned for my stop on the Artisan blog tour coming up 10/28!
4. Quilt the orange peel top.
Nope! I just flat ran out of time - those string blocks took a lot longer than I anticipated.
5. Mail two baby quilts to the soon-to-be parents!
Done! One has been happily received, and I'm waiting to hear back on the other one...
6. Pull together a t-shirt quilt "portfolio" of sample designs and prices.
Done! Still waiting to hear back from the potential client...
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that one up.
Done! We gave away a few quilts this week...
This quilt went to a young woman with leukemia...
This one went to a woman our high school mission team ministered to in West Virginia last week. Her husband died unexpectedly this week.
This quilt went to the couple who hosted our mission team in West Virginia...
...and this quilt went to the homeless woman who cooked all the meals for the mission team in WV!
And finally, this quilt went to a man dealing with cancer.
So all in all, a pretty productive week. I wish I had been able to quilt that orange peel quilt, but I'm happy with how much I got finished!
And now, an explanation about my choice of tasks for this week. My daughter has just started selling LuLaRoe clothes, and I offered to host a pop-up party at my house this week. Sunday when we were looking over the week's schedule, my husband noted that I was having people over Thursday night, and fist-pumped, saying, "Hooray - clean house!!" OK, y'all, I will admit freely that I'm not a great housekeeper - I'd much rather be quilting! And my husband is long-suffering, never ever saying anything about the house needing cleaning. So - I'll be spending a good amount of time this week doing a good deep cleaning of the house, mainly for him! It's not nearly as much fun as quilting, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! So here's my list for this week...
1. Deep clean the house before my LuLaRoe pop-up party. (We won't go into exactly what that entails, just know that I won't be enjoying any of it!)
2. Assemble the memory quilt blocks.
3. Make a back for the memory quilt.
4. Scope out photo shoot locations for my stop on
the Artisan blog tour.
5. If the leaves turn this weekend, take my photos for
the Artisan blog tour!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!
I'm so excited about my upcoming Artisan blog post! I'm hoping for some beautiful fall color in my pictures, though, and it's been too hot for the leaves to turn yet. But the weather is supposed to turn markedly cooler this weekend, and I've scoped out several spots with lots of maples just waiting to change color, so hopefully luck will be with me!
So that's what I'll be doing - and now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?