Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem... Getting Started, and Some Storage!

Hi, all!

Well, Wednesday snuck up on me - the perils of returning from vacation, I guess!  I've been so busy taking care of the day to day that I forgot what day it was...  but I'm here now!  

First of all, this week I've been working on deconstructing TIES (not "toes", as my Instagram and Facebook posts said - DYAC!)...


...so they are now a nice neat pile of fabric ready to be cut into usable strips...


...so that I can make them into this...


...by the end of the month!  Looks like I'd better get cracking on this one!!

And I've also been emailing back and forth with a reader, who mentioned that her new long arm machine was taking up most of the space in her studio, and we talked about storage options.  I thought I'd show some pictures of the space under my long arm frame...


Here you can see the storage tubs that are under the front.  I particularly like the ones on the left, as they fit nicely stacked in pairs, and they're small enough to sort into without being overwhelming (like the ones on the right that I haven't sorted yet!  The ones in the center are not quite as convenient size-wise, and will be replaced eventually.


And under the back of the frame, I have some IKEA Antonius racks.  I absolutely love these, not least because they are only $19.99 for the frame and four wire drawers!  You can stack them or use them single height, like I have here.  I also use them to store my pre-cuts, kits, and quilting thread.  (I wish I could put them the whole length of the frame, but because I live in a 130 year old house, my floors aren't completely level and the other side of the frame isn't tall enough!)

So that's what's going on in my scrappy world - not much yet, but it promises to be a busy week working on that memory quilt.  What's going on in your world?

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visual, Sarah. SEW much more organized looking than beneath my machine!! (And you could have called me out. I really wouldn't have minded.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, just how many ties do you HAVE?! I'm thinking you're going to need a lot to make that quilt, but I've no doubt you've worked it all out. Can't wait to see it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tie quilt is going to be awesome!
    Nice use of your space. Always good to see how others take care of organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome tie quilt I wish I had room to sort my scraps like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was to get a longarm I would have to put it in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping to get my APQS Lucey set up this weekend and plan to utilize the space underneath for storage also. Hubby should be home from rehab on Saturday also. His surgery went great, just have to continue the healing process now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have planned a trip to IKEA for a long time, but life keeps getting in the way. Those Antonius racks. look like a great solution

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to get on your mailing list at
    Kingcooper0001@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to get on your mailing list at
    Kingcooper0001@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!