Wow, last week went by really fast!! And some of my projects went a lot slower than I thought they would - all of which created a perfect storm of not finishing my list! But it's all good - at least I'll have something to work on this week. Let's see how last week's list went...
1. Make more blocks for my "Long Time Gone" quilt.
Done! I really love these - I raided my Kate Spain scraps for the materials in these...
2. Bind the two quilts for Stash Builder Box.
Done! Such pretty colors in these quilts...
3. Quilt and bind the "Dear Jane" quilt.
This is where I got bogged down - it took a LOT longer to quilt this than I thought it would, and while I've got the binding machine sewn on, I'm still stitching it down by hand. What was I thinking when I decided to make a scalloped edge???
4. Begin repairs on the vintage quilt.
Nope. Didn't get to this one at all.
5. Quilt a couple of quilts for the quilt ministry - for a special project, quilts for our high school seniors on graduation.
Didn't get to this one either! But I did pull a couple of tops and find backing material for them, so they are ready whenever I get some time to work on them.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!
It was a quiet week - we only gave away two quilts.
This quilt went to a young man who tried to commit suicide this week...
...and this one went to his mother.
But in my defense, I did do a couple of other things this week that weren't on the list. First of all, I made a twirly skirt for Emmy's fifth birthday, from her favorite Shopkins fabric!
And I pulled the fabric for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt along! I'm thinking I may work on this quilt while I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks - killing two birds with one stone by giving me something fun to work on in the evenings and getting my prototype done well in advance!
Plus, I dealt with car issues this week - a recall repair at the dealership (airbags are useful, but sometimes a hassle to deal with!) and getting my battery replaced. All of which required time away from my sewing machine!
So I'm pleased with what I did get done, just wish I'd had a bit more time to do some of the rest of it! Here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Finish the binding on the Dear Jane quilt.
2. Begin repairs on the vintage quilt.
3. Pull together my project(s) for vacation.
4. Quilt a couple of the graduation quilts.
5. Make the next set of blocks for the "Long Time Gone" quilt.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
With all that being said, I'm going to wrap up here and get back to stitching down that binding!
And now I want to know - - - what are YOU working on?