Monday, April 17, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Sunny Days!!

Hi, all!

Monday has arrived, and I'm happy to say I am at THE BEACH!!


Isn't that gorgeous? That was my view this morning - a little cool when the sun went behind a cloud, but otherwise just perfect.  So I won't have a to-do list this week, but I did want to share about last weeks' list.  So here's how it went...


1.  Photograph and mail three quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  

2.  Make a slab block and write a tutorial for Wednesday's blogpost.
Done!  Here's the block, and you can find the tutorial here.


3.  Put together kits for a couple more of the Long Time Gone blocks.
Done!  I've got the next two kits ready for sewing this week.

4.  Continue (and maybe finish?) the repairs on the vintage quilt.
Continued and FINISHED!!  You can read more about it on this post - there's even some info on how I did the repairs.


5.  Pull together all the supplies needed for vacation sewing!
Done! I'm all set up and I've even done a little bit of sewing - beach sewing is the best!!

6.  Finish (quilt and/or bind) some quilts to restock the quilt ministry stock.
Done!  We gave away so many last week that our stock was really depleted, so I spent a day before vacation finishing off some quilts.


7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week last week - good thing, because we gave away most of our stock the week before! No quilts went out last week.

So that was my week - I'm really glad I got everything done!!  And I will be working on a few things this week, but without any pressure - if they don't get done, no worries!  But here's what I'll be working on...

1.  Write a blogpost and tutorial for Wednesday's Scrap Problem post.

2.  Work on two more blocks for the Long Time Gone quilt.

3.  Work on the quilt top and tutorial for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along.

In between sitting in the sun with my toes in the sand, eating lots of seafood, and lots of other fun vacation-y things, I'll be working on some of these things.  I love bringing my machine to the beach - it's a fun thing to do in the downtimes!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah
SaveSaveSaveSave

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you are enjoying yourself, and we all know that your deserve it.

    1) This is a busy week for me, but I hope to finish my second H2H quilt and get the third one ready for binding. In reality, I'll probably get the second one done and have the third one on the frame. :-)
    2) I also want to get my guest blog post written and ready to go. I need to edit my pictures and proof read what I've written and then type it in blogger.

    3) And finally, since I'm subbing a couple of days, I am going to try to get the applique on my Modern Quilt Guild Challenge quilt done and do the actual quilting next week.

    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to ask you to vacation a little bit for me, please? I'm in the final stretch of one of my busier times of the year with my volunteer work and that beach and water sure look good. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a lovely time certainly not warm enough to sit on the beach here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in the beach photo---new quilt on the horizon ????

    ReplyDelete
  5. finishing up charity sewing and spending time with some UFOs...and planning my Christmas in july blog post...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on piecing my second H2H quilt. I need to write my progress blog post. When does the linky party end?

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to spend a week at the beach :-) I hope it is truly relaxing and fun.
    I have been sewing up little pieces for an En Provence quilt that a friend and I are putting together. And yesterday I finally loaded backing fabric on the frame to quilt a double wedding ring quilt that I made in 2003! Today I start marking the top with the design ideas...which I am still trying to figure out :-0 I'm going to get it done though. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love that beach! I hope you enjoy your week. Don't forget to check out A&E Pharmacy Quilt Shop; allow plenty of time for browsing and check out their website ahead of time for any sale info. Also I highly recommend Five Sisters Blues Cafe in Pensacola - the food is exceptionally good Southern comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Years ago we were vacationing at a condo, and I could see a woman in a room down below sewing. What? Sewing on vacation? Her husband would take the kids out and do things, and she stayed in and sewed. "How bizarre is that?", I thought. But now I understand.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, what size quilts do you use in the ministry? I was thinking of "testing the waters" at a new church we have started going to for any interest there might be in doing something like this.

    I have been gathering information so that I can prepare a well thought out proposal (guess it is my business training in action).

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun at the beach!! I just finished quilting a top for a friend last night and now I'm starting on a t-shirt/memory quilt for a little girl's 10th birthday in Sept...thank goodness I've got plenty of time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous white sand! So glad you are having a beach break!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!