Monday, May 21, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Buckle Up!!!

Hi, all!

I'm very happy to say that I survived last week, and it's a good thing, because this week promises to be even busier!  Let's look at last week's list before we move on....

1.  Quilt the remaining nine high school quilts.
DONE!!! HALLELUJAH!!! And Jolene is still ticking right along - a fact I'm very grateful for!  She did a lot of hard work in the last two weeks!  Here's just a few of last week's quilts...



2.  Work on my denim wedge quilt.  (This is my May scrap attack project and is woefully behind...)
Done!  I think it's safe to say I'm not woefully behind any more...


3.  Finish cutting out the sashing and cornerstones for the turtle quilt.
Done - and not only that, but I managed to get the top assembled!


4.  Continue assembling the second Christmas in July quilt.
I did manage to assemble one set of blocks - so that's progress!


5.  Keep up with any ministry needs that come up.
Thankfully for my sanity, no needs this week!  

So lots accomplished last week, but even more to do this week!  Here's what's on the schedule...

1.  Hands2Help!  This is the final link-up week, and that means I've got a ton of administrative work to do, visiting everyone's post and organizing the prizes.  Be sure to check out Sunday's post and see all the gorgeous quilts that have been linked up!

2.  Sandwich the "secret" quilt!

3.  Quilt the turtle quilt.

4.  Work on the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

It's going to be a super busy week - between meeting the long arm repairman at church, getting a haircut, and taking care of the grandkids all day on Friday while my daughter deals with the movers (they just got a new house!), I'll be working hard to find time for all this list - but it's got to get done!  Well, at least I won't be getting in trouble much!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Great job of catching up on all of your quilting tasks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your denim wedge quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You did an excellent job on re-purposing those turtle blocks! When you first showed the red check, I wasn't too sure about it, but I just love how you put them together. That is such a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your wedge quilt and the turtle quilt. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your denim wedge quilt is wonderful! Is that your own pattern? And the turtle quilt is adorable. My daughter is a Maryland grad, so we love turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll certainly be busy enough to stay out of trouble! I know when you are idle, you roam the town with your gang of church quilters, making the locals nervous. I can just see y'all whipping out your seam rippers and spontaneously recreating the Sharks vs Jets rumble scene from West Side Story...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see such progress on the sewing front!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!