Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Well, I may have a scrap problem, but I haven't done much to alleviate it this week!  I did cut up some leftovers from a current project this afternoon, but other than that I haven't done anything scrappy in a week.  I kind of miss it!  But in the absence of anything scrappy of my own, I thought I'd share some scrappy inspiration I've seen lately on social media....


Look at this wonderful wedge quilt!  What a great use for string scraps....


And here's an idea for my little HSTs....


Sometimes simple is best - Emily is making these great scrappy blocks!


But if you're interested in something a little more fishy, how's this for a great scrappy quilt?



If you have an overabundance of neutral low volume scraps, this quilt is a great idea - simple, but so effective!


And here's another great simple quilt - Beth makes quilts for her church's graduating seniors each year!  I bet I could get a few of these out of my solids scrap tub...



Don't you just love a good Scrap Vortex quilt?  They take forever but oh my they are pretty!



Here's another great quilt for using up solid string scraps...



And wouldn't this be a great way to use up random charm squares?


And last, but certainly not least, Maria shared this awesome quilt.  I think it would be a great way to use the odd panel piece hanging around in the stash!  Imagine turning them into "polaroid selfies"! 

I hope you've found something to inspire you here this week!  Scraps are much more fun in a quilt than in a tub... so take yours out to play!

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. well i didn't need more inspiration but have found some anyway..LOL! gorgeous scrap quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to try to cut scraps every week until I got them all done - but I have no where to do it this week - I must get this quilt done for h2h!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I love the scrappy fish! It really made me smile! Nice inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I have ever seen the term "scrap vortex". For decades I have been calling these crumb blocks/quilts. I have about 100 6-1/2" blocks and crumbs/scraps enough to make another 100. And that is above and beyond my other scraps of various sizes.

    Scrap Problem Respect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah: I was going to do a similar treatment with the animal selfies for the guild I used to belong to. I may still do this someday. I thought a little kid would love those goofy animal faces!
      https://nialorre.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/quilting-block-ideas/

      Delete
  5. Great batch of inspiration, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!