Friday, May 18, 2018

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Marathoning, Fun, and a Big Score!

Hi, all!

Friday certainly got here fast this week, didn't it?  But now that it's here, we know what to do - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  So let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

If you've been watching my feed on Instagram, you know that I've been on a marathon of quilting for the past two weeks. 


 Last week I quilted ten quilts, and this week I quilted nine, all of which are going to our church's graduating high school seniors.  


Here's just a few of the quilts we've made - lots of scrappy quilts, which feels very satisfying - even though it's not made a dent in the scrap bins!


Such a wide variety of quilts you can make with scraps!  Rita really went to town making them, and I've gotten lots of great ideas from her...


The bottom quilt there was made using salesman's shirting samples that we were given many years ago - they sure make a pretty quilt!


I think this triangle quilt is my favorite, though - a great way to use up strings out of the overflowing string bin!

But not only did I get all that quilting done, I had some time to work on my Wedge Play quilt!


I got all the arcs sewn down to the denim backing.  Boy was that heavy to maneuver!  I pressed the edges under 1/4" and then top stitched close to the edges. 



It's going to be such a fun quilt!  I'm still trying to decide how to quilt it, but I'm happy to say I've got my backing material already because.....


.....the final thing I'm whooping over this week is the great sale I hit at Joann's!  They had a coupon for 70% off their Keepsake Calico line, and since I needed backs for four quilts, I headed over to see what I could score.  Not only did I find backs for all the quilts, but I picked up some basics I like to keep on hand (the Etch-a-Sketch-ish pieces, 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the top) and ended up getting $200 worth of fabric for just $60!  Let me tell you, I was one happy camper!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah





14 comments:

  1. What a bonus, such discount, wish we had it that good down here. A marathon to get that many quilts done, guess your arms are glad of a rest now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the coupon sale really made a difference!
    You have had an amazing week of quilting-lovely results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting all of that done! You sure had a productive week and wedge play is looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy! Great job on all. LOVE the denim quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing getting that many quilts done!!! Now go put your feet up and have a cuppa or ten...!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all the quilt finishes. I'm sure the graduates will love them. That's an amazing deal on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! What a lot you've got accomplished and it is all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

  8. I would like to thanks you for this amazing post. You gives wonderful tips and very important points.
    Golden Triangle Tour 4 Days


    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep sharing such a relevant post with us! Checkout Epic Trips and get Delhi To Dubai Package For Couple at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a great article with us! Check Immerse in Nature's Beauty: Adventure Tour Package Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!