Friday, April 5, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Quilting Marathon!

Hi, all!

Believe it or not, it's Friday again - and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

We are working on a special project in our quilt ministry at church, and need a LOT of quilts in a little more than a month.  We have been working on making twin sized tops and have a really good stack - but those tops all have to be quilted, don't they?  So Thursday I had a "quilting marathon" to knock some of them off that unfinished pile!


Here's what went on the frame first....


...followed by this on-point quilt I pieced earlier this week.


Then I loaded a huge quilt back on the frame, and quilted two of these great scrappy quilts!


And here's the final result - four almost-finished quilts!


And here's tomorrow's task - over 1000 inches of scrappy binding for those quilts!  That should keep me out of trouble!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



13 comments:

  1. Wow, a marathon and the fabrics in the first one, beautiful. My fav colours, but every other one was so lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes. You're lucky to have a longarm machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I had a long arm to play with!! The quilts will all be cherished I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know it's hard to keep you out of trouble. Hee hee! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the finishes!!!! You accomplished a lot of 'good stuff'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you must be tired!:) Have a wonderful (and restful) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah, I tried to link up but Linkytool will not accept my URL address for my blog which is

    https://myquiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2019/04/new-blocks-and-new-quilt-layout-ideas.html

    It said it's not a valid internet address. I can't figure out what's wrong. By the way, good luck with you quilting marathon. You're doing a lot of good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, are you saying that you managed to quilt FOUR quilts in ONE day?! That DEFINITELY deserves a whoop whoop! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1000 inches of binding?!?!? Yep! That should keep you out of trouble for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a ton of work hours right there! Wowzer!
    I love binding... wish I could dig into that bin and help out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four quilts quilted! That must feel so great to have finished! Remind me: do you use your domestic machine to attach binding, or is there a special technique to do it on the long arm?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing results from your quilting marathon! Congratulations - you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!