The beginning of the week, and the beginning of a new year - they both seem like fresh starts! I've got so many plans for this year (you can read about some of them here) but I always try to start the year with a clean and organized studio. That got delayed a little bit because of a road trip to IKEA, but I'm in the process. More about that later in the post, though. Here's how last week went...
1. Make a quilt for my daughter - a special design that she requested!
Done! I had a lot of fun with this quilt, and it's exactly what she wanted! You can see more pictures here...
2. Start a new "secret" project to celebrate the release of a new fabric for Free Spirit Fabrics!
Done! My plans are made, the fabrics are pressed and waiting to be sewn up!
3. Straighten up the studio.
In progress! I'll share some pictures in a minute...
4. Figure out why our quilting machine at church is acting up.
Done! Turned out to be an easy fix, just a plug that had come out.
5. Visit the new Memphis IKEA with my daughter!
Done! We had a great time and I came home with lots of new storage for the studio!
6. Continue working on the designs for Stunning Stars.
In progress! I've got five of the six designs chosen and graphed out, but I still need to pick one more and start making the quilts!
7. Learn how to use my new Instant Pot...
Well, I wouldn't say I've completely mastered it, but I've learned a couple of things not to do and have some ideas about how to do it better!
8. Re-load EQ7 on my laptop.
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Thankfully, it was a quiet week with no quilts given out. I think that will change in the coming weeks, though...
As I said, I've been re-organizing the studio, and replacing a mad collection of mis-matched shelves with really nice shelves from IKEA. My daughter couldn't go until last Saturday, so I was delayed in getting started but I've made good headway since Saturday! Currently, this is what my studio looks like, though...
The new shelves (Kallax, by IKEA) are all assembled and in place, but it's a huge mess, with everything else piled up higgledy-piggledy anywhere I could find a flat surface. There's certainly no place available to do any sewing! So my biggest task for next week is to get the studio back to normal (or actually better, a little more organized than before!)
So here's my list for this week...
1. Get everything organized in my studio - returned to its proper place or sent to Goodwill so that others can enjoy it too!
2. Cut and piece the Free Spirit quilt.
3. Finish the designs for the Stunning Stars quilt-along.
4. Contact all the people who have indicated they want to be part of the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop with final details!
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
A short list, but I've got Nana duties tomorrow and Wednesday, and a haircut appointment, too. And I've got to dig out the studio before I can get to much on that list!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?