Welcome to the end of a long holiday weekend! My brain tries to forget it's Monday but I'm here now - so let's see how last week's list went! I have a feeling I chased a few squirrels, but let's check...
1. Quilt a ministry quilt.
Done! It felt really good to make a ministry quilt from beginning to end again - I've been doing bindings to keep up with the tons of quilts Rita has been quilting, which is a fair trade of skills, but it's fun to make a whole quilt sometimes!
2. Quilt the Free Spirit quilt.
Done! Quilted and bound and ready for a photo shoot this week! The big reveal is next Monday...
3. Make final decisions on at least two of the Stunning Stars quilts.
Well, I picked out the fabric and cut the pieces for one - it's a start!
4. Start piecing at least one of the Stunning Stars quilts.
Done! But I'm keeping this one under wraps for a little while longer...
5. Start working on the final assembly of a Dear Jane quilt left partially finished by a member of our quilting group who died last year.
I didn't get to this one yet.
6. Try out a smaller (mug-rug size maybe?) of the LLR pattern.
Didn't get to this one, either! Blasted squirrels!
7. Press and fold one tub of scraps, or make at least six string blocks, or both!
Oh, but I did do this one!! Pressed and folded my neutrals tub - woohoo!!!
8. Take care of any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We gave a few away this week...
This quilt went to a woman who just had surgery for cancer...
...and this one went to a woman diagnosed with an aneurysm. The doctors will be determining how to treat it this week.
And this one went to our pastor's first grandchild, born just this past Saturday!
So I guess it's time to 'fess up and introduce you to the squirrels from last week...
First up is this jelly roll quilt - it kind of happened by accident and turned into a tutorial on the blog last Friday! It was a good squirrel to chase, though - it kind of got my mojo back on track.
And then yesterday, I decided I needed to make some pretty twirly skirts for my granddaughters to help showcase the Free Spirit fabrics in next Monday's blog post. So I started on that today...
I think it's safe to say it's going to be a really twirly skirt!!
So that's what I've been working on for the past week - I didn't get to everything on the list, but I did accomplish quite a bit. I'm comfortable with that! Here's what I'll be working on this week...
1. Finish up some items using the Free Spirit fabric.
2. Set up a photo shoot for next Monday's "big reveal" post.
3. Piece one of the Stunning Stars quilts.
4. Pull the fabrics for another Stunning Stars quilt.
5. Pull out the Dear Jane and set up a plan for completing it.
6. Look at a repair job and see what will be needed to complete it.
7. Finalize the details on a new commission quilt.
8. Do some organizational work on 2017's Christmas in July blog hop!
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
That should keep me out of trouble for the week - and maybe I won't be chasing too many squirrels, either! A few little projects should help inspire me, and keep my mojo in prime working order. Here's hoping, anyway!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?