Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I May Have A Scrap Problem - Inspiration!

Hi, all!

It's been a while since I had the time to post on Scrappy Wednesday, because I've been trying to get my quilt studio organized and set up.  But I've been seeing such a lot of fabulous inspiration on Instagram under the hashtag #scrapquilt that I think it's time to share some of them with you!  


Isn't this a beauty?  I think that it's a Jacob's Ladder variation, and I love the contrast of the darks and lights!


This is such a great way to use up solid scraps, and the small center diamonds really makes this a stand-out!


This one is actually a memory quilt, made from shirts and ties.  It's one of the prettiest Snail Trail quilts I've ever seen - there's so much movement in it!


You really can't go wrong with color blocking, can you?


One day I really want to make one of these!  I love this totally scrappy version.


Look at all that Kaffe!  And the red background really makes this quilt, I think!



This is such a beautiful version of this quilt, and I think what sets it apart is the scrappy narrow inner border and HST outer border.


Isn't it amazing how much depth the sashing gives this quilt?  It's an optical illusion, but it really works.


This is a fun scrappy block - a very nice Bow Tie variation.  I've never seen one with 4-patch blocks for the large parts of the tie before!


I don't know the name of this block, but it is stunning!  I think this would make a beautiful one-block quilt, sized up to make it lap size.  Now if I could just find enough time to give it a try...

I hope you've found as much inspiration in these pictures as I did!  As I find new ways and places to store my scrap stash, I'm looking at those bits and bobs with a new eye, and I can't wait to play with them!

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Love them all, and the last one, enlarge and what a quilt that would be, you are so right. But the studio has to come first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great ideas... thankfully, only one I'd like to try right off... ok, maybe two. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a serious enabler! LOL...i agree, the braid is on my list as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really outdid yourself with the scrappy inspiration photos this week, Sarah!! That color block quilt really takes the cake for me!! I can't decide if it's the clear colors or the fun rainbow-like color stacks that make it SEW appealing. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts all I love Robinsue's especially...
    thanks so much for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,great ideas and the fist and the last ones my best fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super inspiration! I especially like the four patch variations, which I now want to try with a bunch of scrappy nine patches I have lying around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the bow tie variation--it looks so different, it took me a second to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!