Monday, March 2, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - Life Is Getting Back To Normal!

Hi, all!

Well, a week has passed and Monday has rolled around again - a fresh week and a new start!  Let week was busy but things are finally starting to come together around here and I'm beginning to feel a little less stressed out.  Hooray!

So let's see how last week went...

1.  Work on the design for this week's Charmed, I'm Sure quilt.
Done!  Last week's quilt took some creative finagling, and ended up being a two-for-one tutorial!  You can check it out here...


2.  Start painting at the old house.
Thanks to a series of propitious events (you can read the story here) I finally got MINIONS!  And those minions came and started painting my house for me today!!  


3.  Finish clearing out the storage unit.
Done!  So glad to have this finished...


4.  Haul more boxes up to my quilt studio and unpack them.
Still a work in progress but it's getting better!  The grandkids have taken to calling my quilt studio "The Playroom" (they love to play up there!) so I started charging them rent - they have to carry up a box each before they can go play up there! And my wonderful husband is repaying my bringing in his book boxes by taking a box up every time he comes in from the garage. I've been trying to unpack them as they come up, so it's staying fairly neat up there.  More to do this week, though!

5.  Haul a bunch of stuff to Goodwill - things that were donated at church that we can't use.
Done!  And the guys at my new neighborhood Goodwill are much friendlier than the ones at the other house!

6.  Plan a fun Friday evening for the grandkids while my daughter and son-in-law are at a home schooling conference.
We had a blast!  We made individual pizzas, and my youngest granddaughter, who is a confirmed carb-a-holic, discovered that pepperoni is DELICIOUS!  I know this because she told me over and over, and didn't even eat the crust of her pizza because she was so busy eating all the pepperoni in the house....

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a man who is having a double knee replacement this week...


...and this quilt went to a person going through some medical issues.


So a good week all in all, and it's starting to feel a little more normal around here.  Hooray for normal!!  This week should be busy, but I think it will be more "finishing" than "plugging away".  Here's what's on tap for the week...

1.  Finish hanging pictures at the new house, and haul any that didn't make the cut up to the attic.

2.  Work on the quilt and tutorial for this coming Sunday's Charmed I'm Sure post.

3.  Try to get all the remaining quilt studio boxes upstairs and unpacked!

4.  Update the blog Page about Hands2Help 2020.

5.  Mount and frame some pictures for my husband.

6.  Take Fly to be groomed again.

7.  VOTE!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I feel like I'm forgetting something important, but who knows?  I'm sure everything necessary will get done.  I just found out that we will be hosting the family Easter lunch this year (hooray!) so that gives me a deadline to get the house in order (double hooray!).  Am I the only one that works best on a deadline?

And speaking of deadlines, for those of you who have been emailing me to find out if I was still going to do Hands2Help this year, yes!  The move has put me really off schedule, but I realized that the schedule we've gone by in the past is purely arbitrary, so I'll just be starting (and ending) it later than usual.  I hope to get a new schedule posted this week, and will announce the start date in Sunday's Charmed, I'm Sure post.  Thanks for being patient, and for checking in - it's wonderful to know that people look forward to it!

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah                                                                                                    

9 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels, when I hear your List of things need doing :)! I've finished a few new quilt tops - and I'm back to quilting and binding. Enjoy your sewing room unpacking - love that the grandkids feel so at home in there :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Tuesday morning and I just read the news. Thinking about you and your Quilt Ministry friends. Hoping you all are ok in the wake of the tornadoes that went thru your area in the wee hours this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your new digs and oh my, minions to paint! What a Blessing!

    Sunday, I pieced a UFO that has been laying around since 2015. I used up the remnants in a pieced backing. Monday I quilted it, made/applied the binding AND after dinner, I hand stitched the binding before bedtime! It's just 38*38 so a very doable feat. Also in the afternoon, I put borders on a top recently received in the mail (I received 4 and will donate all to my local Charity Group). I made bindings for 2 of these tops. I stitched up a backing for them and loaded it onto my mid-arm and will quilt them today, side by side. Hope to get binding on one for hand stitching this evening. I currently plan to finish all 4 this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news for you for all you did last week. Good luck this week. Off to make some magic happen in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sarah, I hope you and your family are all right. I saw the news this morning and heard "Mt. Juliet" and my heart sunk. Praying everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can really see how much progress you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that you, your family and friends were kept safe during the Tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your painters are thrilled to be able to work in an empty house without dealing with furniture and whatnot. I, too, hope everything is okay in your neighborhood after the storms. Looking forward to H2H and actually glad it will be delayed this year since I don't get home until the end of March.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs in your sleep

    Over 160 000 men and women are utilizing a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to burn 2 lbs each and every night while they sleep.

    It is simple and works with everybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Go get a glass and fill it up half the way

    2) Now follow this weight losing HACK

    and be 2 lbs skinnier the next day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!