Friday, February 28, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Time Is A Gift...

Hi, all!

Here we are at the end of the week once again - Friday has arrived and it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It has been quite a week around here - it started off with finally getting the carpet laid in the office....


Now, that may seem like a funny thing to whoop about, but the first time the carpet guys came was way back on January 30th - and it took three trips and three weeks to get the right piece of carpet to finish this room!  But it's finally finished, and now my husband is a happy camper.

And because the office is finished, I was able to do this....


Once again, it doesn't look like much, but that, folks, is an empty storage unit!  And before the end of the month, so I didn't have to pay another month's rent!  Actually, my husband had a good bit to do with it being empty. I filled up my car twice with boxes one afternoon and took them to the new house, and was planning to get the rest of it (the heavy boxes) the next morning, but my husband stopped by with his pickup truck that evening on the way home and picked up most of the rest of the boxes!  I just had to go get the six boxes he couldn't cram into his truck - one short, quick, and fairly light trip, and it was done.  

Other things have been happening around here, too, such as beds being made (finally)...


... and pictures making it on to the walls...



But here's the very best thing that happened to me this week.  Remember the carpet story from the beginning?  Well, after three weeks and three visits by the carpet installers, we got to know each other well.  I say well, but apparently not too well, because for some reason I was really nice to the lead installer despite the frustrations of mistaken measurements (not by him) and the wrong stuff being ordered (once again not by him).  If you knew me, you'd know that is totally out of character, as I am usually a hothead (just ask the lady at the credit card company that wouldn't change my address for me today just because I couldn't put my husband on the phone to verify that it was ok!)  OK, so now you know more about me thank you probably need to.  But as the installer was finishing up, we were talking and he mentioned that he was hoping to buy a boat soon.  Amazingly enough, I have a boat to sell!


Well, the young man didn't have a lot of cash, but he did have skills that he was willing to barter (in addition to some cash), and now I no longer have an appointment with lots and lots of these...


...as he agreed to do all the painting needed at the old house as part of the deal!  He got a great deal on a boat, and I got a whole lot of time back!

And that, my friends, totally deserves a whoop whoop!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

23 comments:

  1. I say that is a double Whoop Whoop!!! Empty storage unit and no painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a grand way to have an empty container, boxers moved, boat traded for some valuable tall paint work, what a dream to have that young man right there at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jan (above) - that deserves a double whoop, whoop. How wonderful for the extra time - and no putting the boat up for sale etc. etc. So exciting to see your new house come together - and your old being finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m celebrating for you! Those are big milestones in a move. I’m whooping it up because a painter is finally painting over the peachy paint in our basement. It just took 8 years to get to this point. No need to rush. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's a win/win situation....and yes i know what an empty storage unit looks like....heaven indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great deal for both of you! Right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a plan comes together and it doesn't cost me anything, lucky you for the barter. Your house is coming together niceley. What has me happy dancing? Despite not making any money yesterday considering I worked my usual 9 hours, I did receive some exciting news that could be a great opportunity for me. Unfortunately I dont want to share just yet for fear of jinxing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting the painting done. Years and years ago I traded a little boat for some siding work on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a huge!!Whoop Whoop!!! once I traded a car for a lot of fencing and ranch work - best trade ever! Good for you for getting some time back! and your place is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to see barter make a comeback as currency. Congratulations! Win Win for you both! Time is never retrieved!

    Happy Friday everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barter is still a currency here in our Valley - I think a valuable resource in small communities. Painting ceilings - I would trade off that job too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when things work out like this! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoop Whoop for getting someone to take care of all that painting! You sure have been making a lot of progress with the move :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're settling in nicely! Congrats on emptying that storage unit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for a sweet deal and boat going bye-bye (and an empty storage unit and all the rest, too!!) Next stop? The sewing room!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  16. As someone who just had painting done, that is a huge win! Your new place is looking more like home now, which must be wonderful. I love it when a plan comes together! (I really despise those credit card people, too. We've been married more than 30 years-- I have permission!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the barter system when it's a win-win! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Total win-win on the boat vs painting deal. I despise painting so that I would have given the boat away to get him to do the task. Sounds like a great week for you Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Starting to look like home. Win win with the boat and paint deal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I HATE being asked to have my husband verify what I say!!! Finally decided on separate accounts. Also filed info so they will let me talk to them without permission.
    Love your new home. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some things are worth trading for! I am glad your carpet frustrations have finally worked out. Living in a remodel mess is not too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You definitely lucked out with that deal.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!