I am more than a little bit behind this week, it appears - since it's Tuesday night and I'm watching This Is Us while I write this blogpost! But it's been a good week - in addition to working on my list, we FINALLY got the carpet done in my husband's office (third time is the charm, apparently!) and we found some floor in the garage.
So let's take a look at last week's list....
1. Finish getting Jolene and her frame set up and connected.
Done! It's so nice to have her back where she belongs!
2. Continue hanging pictures at the new house.
Coming right along! Here's just a sample of what I've been doing...
3. Do a quick sweep/vacuum at the old house.
Dust bunnies evicted!
4. Start on wall repairs at the old house.
Started, but still a ways to go! I did get all the nails pulled, the holes spackled, and all the cracks repaired. Next step is to sand those down and start painting!
5. Work on the next tutorial/quilt for Charmed, I'm Sure!
Done! You can find the tutorial for this quilt by clicking here...
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We did give away a few quilts this week...
Occasionally one of our staff members request a quilt where they are unable to share the name of the recipient or the reason they need one. We take it on faith that it's a legitimate request. This quilt went to one of those recipients, and it's a beauty - it will definitely give a powerful quilt-y hug!
And I love the story behind this quilt - one of our church members is loving on a young woman who is expecting a little boy, and has literally nothing for her baby. She is throwing a baby shower for her, and asked if we could provide a quilt for the new baby. Of course we can!
So that was last week! Busy as usual, and no end in sight. Let's see what this week looks like...
1. Work on the design for this week's Charmed, I'm Sure quilt.
2. Start painting at the old house.
3. Finish clearing out the storage unit.
4. Haul more boxes up to my quilt studio and unpack them.
5. Haul a bunch of stuff to Goodwill - things that were donated at church that we can't use.
6. Plan a fun Friday evening for the grandkids while my daughter and son-in-law are at a home schooling conference.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Short list this week, but I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed. I really miss my sewing time! But it will be back sometime, hopefully soon. In the meantime, it will be good to get all our stuff under our roof, and close up the storage unit. That's something I know I can finish this week!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?