Friday, February 21, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Snow Day, Sew Day!!

Hi, all!

Here it is, Friday again - and you know what that means!  It's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  I hope you're ready, so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This morning when I woke up, I checked the weather like I always do.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that they were predicting 1-3 inches of snow for us!  Well, in Tennessee that doesn't mean much -  we get lots of predicted snow that never happens.  But at 7 a.m. I looked out the window.....


Snow!!  Big fat beautiful flakes - and the best kind, because it didn't stick!  And you know what snow means - snow day, sew day!  So I headed up to my studio - my big, beautiful new studio that still needs a LOT of work - and did some sewing!  

In the course of that sewing, I lost at the game of "binding chicken"...


3/8 of a stinking inch!  That's all I would have needed to make it reach - but it's all good.  I found a piece of navy blue to stretch it just that little bit needed, and ended up with this pretty finished quilt.  FYI, I only did the binding on this one - it's a ministry quilt, pieced by one lovely lady, with a back made by a second lady and quilting by a third.  Lots of hands and love in this one!


Then I put the binding on this quilt, requested by one of the ministers on our staff for a special need.  The top was pieced (we think) by a lady, once part of our quilt ministry, who died a few years back.  She left us tons fabric and a lot of pieced tops that we are still working our way through.  This is a particularly lovely one that Rita quilted up on Wednesday night now has a binding and is ready to become someone's quilty hug!



So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



11 comments:

  1. A snow day sounds absolutely wonderful. One day, I hope I get to see snow too. You got lots done on your snow (sew) day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely deserve a whoop whoop for triumphing in that game of binding chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see quilts made by many hands, together we're strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had our snow day yesterday for all of 15 minutes lol - well we did have a dusting of snow on the ground when we woke up but it was all melted by 9. Love that second quilt you show

    ReplyDelete
  5. Binding chicken, LOL, thanks for the laugh this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure can! What a beautiful ministry--the new quilts are so pretty and just needing someone to hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful that you are in your new home before the snow started :-) I know it is all coming together beautifully there. What a great move and close to your grands!
    The backing on the last quilt looks kind of interesting. I know it is already on it's way but it's a peek that looks like a beautiful compliment to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on sewing in your lovely new sewing room!! That binding photo showed an overlap, I would have just sewing it straight across (instead of the usual diagonal.) Awesome teamwork on those quilts for the ministry, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have loved watching your new home turn into you new home. I love that quilt that Rita finished up - must play with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those quilty hugs are fantastic... gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A snow day turns a so-so day into a sew day! Pretty quilts :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!