Friday, September 18, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Dinos in the House!

 

Hi, all!

Can you believe it's Friday already?  This week has flown by - but it IS Friday and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

My week really did fly by, and I don't feel like I got a whole lot done -but I did start on Nathanael's annual quilt!  I am using Elizabeth Hartman's Dinosaurs pattern, and it is a lot of fun!  I had some trouble with the first dinosaur block I made, but then I went back and actually read her step-by-step instructions instead of just going by the diagram, and lo and behold, it worked!  Who knew?

I did manage to get four of the eight dinosaurs finished (and also the ferns, cycads, and vines) so let me introduce you to the gang....

First there was Danny the Dinosaur...

...who was quickly joined by his friend Barry the Brachiosaur.



Then Thor the T-Rex showed up...


...and brought his friend Thunder to round out the crew!

I still have the Stegosaurus and Triceratops blocks to make, and it will be fun to add them to the quilt and see it come to life.  Maybe not this week, though.  I am also whooping because I found an acceptable substitute for one of the Kona colors I had on back order, and was able to start on the second t-shirt quilt commission today!  Hooray!!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving the dinosaurs, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dinosaurs. I'm sure this quilt is going to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Dinos! this quilt is sure to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Dinos!! I know a certain Grandson that would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice dinosaurs to add to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter just made this quilt for her son's new big-boy bed. I was honored to contribute a "Trixie the Triceratops" block to the quilt. It's a great pattern! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dino blocks are just adorable, Sarah! I know Nathanael will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's going to love this quilt so much! And who wouldn't? Such fun dinos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dinosaurs are looking great, Sarah, and I am always tickled how you find just the right "happy dance" clip for each of your posts! I am hoping there will be an ankylosaurus block in your dinosaur quilt; that's always been MY favorite dinosaur. I used to tell my kids that's the one I'd want to be, banging my tail on the ground for emphasis as I'm lecturing all the other dinosaurs on the savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dinosaurs look fabulous! Since no one really knows what they looked like, you have now convinced me that their skin looked like pineapples and flowers.
    As to a previous subject, two words, String Theory.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!