Monday, September 28, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - Fall Is Sewing Season!

 

Hi, all!

The weekend is over, and Monday has arrived, with a whole week of potential ahead of it!  Cooler temperatures coming this week, too, which always puts me in the mood to sew.  Are you the same way?  Fall is my favorite season - the colors, the cooler weather, and the upcoming holidays make it so much fun.  

I had fun with last week's list, too - let's see how it went....

1.  Work on a special secret project.
This one really grabbed my attention this week, and I managed to finish the top.  Here's a sneak peek...


2.  Keep working on the dinosaur blocks - stegosaurus is up next!
I cut out the stegosaurus blocks...


...and even sewed one of them together!  This was a fun block to make.


3.  Make backs for the commission quilts.
Done!  These guys are BIG!


4.  Baste the two commission quilts.
I didn't get to this one - I got really focused on that first project.

5.  Put the quilt ministry donations in my car so they will be there already when I head that way!
Done!  I don't have a picture, but I promise they are in there.  It feels good to have them out of the studio and it already looks a little neater.

So all in all, a pretty good week.  Let's see what's on tap for this week!

1.  Baste the two commission quilts.

2.  Quilt the two commission quilts.

3.  Start sorting out my strings for January's tutorial series.

4.  Find and make a back for the special secret project.

5.  Deliver the donations to church.

6.  Keep working on the dinosaur quilt.

More than enough to keep me busy, although if I get all of this done, I'm sure I can come up with something else to work on!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

And just to give you something to make you smile, take a look at my youngest granddaughter, who occasionally LOVES to pose for the camera...


Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. She is a cutie!! I’m loving watching the dinosaur quilt come along. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandaughter is beautiful and you are so fortunate to have her to sew for. What a sweetie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling pic of your granddaughter. Sounds like you have gotten a lot done recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet photo of your GD! I'm looking forward to your strings tutorial. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to tame them, and have been enjoying making my wonky herringbones from strings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a smile to warm you through and through!
    Nice work on the quilting front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweetie....that smile is worth everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to swing by and see what your plans are for the week. I must admit, it is photos of the royal grandchildren I enjoy the most. I love the pose.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!