Wednesday, September 9, 2020

I May Have A Scrap Problem... But Wow Am I Inspired!

 

Hi, all!

Well, vacation is over and wow was it wonderful!  And now I'm back to real life as we roar like a freight train to the holidays.  Seems like time passes so quickly, doesn't it?  

It felt really nice to be back in my studio today, although I only had a few minutes to play.  There is so much to be done then first day back from home - laundry, groceries, putting things away - but I did make a few minutes to work on another reindeer.   I'm getting close to finishing all nine, and I can't wait to pull them all together in a quilt.

I did find a lot of inspiration on Instagram this week that should keep you going for another week....


Joy is in the process of writing a pattern for this, and she's going to be hosting a quilt-along later this fall, I believe.  Might be worth checking out!


Don't you just love all that color??


I really like that she used different sizes of the same block to add visual interest and a place for your eyes to "rest"...


I don't know about you, but I'm a little bit obsessed with tiny houses these days....


This is the beginnings of a Sea Glass quilt, but it also looks like a spectacular way to reduce your fat quarter stash...


I can't begin to tell you how in love I am with this quilt!  And that tub of solid scraps is screaming "use me, use me!"


This is such an interesting way to use up strings - I really need to play with it!  This may show up in next January's tutorial series.


This quilt is just fascinating - it looks like she used Amanda Jean's technique of appliquéing scraps to a solid background, then used those blocks as the center tiles on this wonderfully scrappy quilt.

That's it for today, folks - I'm late as it is (fell asleep in my chair last night!)  Go play with scraps!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home! These quilts are very inspiring; I like the diamond string ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several scrappy quilts that just get the juices flowing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar bowl crafts, looking at in close up, a great way to have the small pieces appliqued on, and then the paler ones to join those big blocks, love it. Holiday memories, but always good to be home again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much scrappy goodness here! I started a new Instagram. But I can’t remember what your Instagram is. Mine is @mybijoulife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm already busy playing with scraps, but I absolutely LOVE the eye candy you've shared here!! Thanks, Sarah, and welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a good vacay! Welcome home and thanks for the inspiring photos. The Boho Heart from last month's post wormed its way into my head and I've made my own version already. It's next in my "to be quilted" pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home from your vacation! You certainly found some inspiring quilts on Instagram! I've been wanting to make a house quilt for ages...perhaps 2021 will be my year to do it! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!