Wednesday, February 17, 2021

I May Have A Scrap Problem... How About A "Little" Inspiration?


Hi, all!

It's been a busy week here, topped off with lots of ice and a little snow - definitely enough to keep us all at home here in middle Tennessee.  We don't deal well with ice on the roads!  But as that means more time for sewing, I haven't been complaining.  Unfortunately, though, I've been working on commission jobs and haven't had any time to do any scrap sewing. But I have found a "little bit" of inspiration on Instagram to share...


4,340 1.5" finished squares in this scrappy beauty!  Can you imagine?


Or how about a wonderful vintage hexie quilt? 


And here's another postage stamp quilt, this one with 1" finished squares - 3,411 of them!


This was just a progress shot by @aquilterstable, but it sure got me thinking.  How about you?


And finally, Tracy has another beautiful scrappy creation.  She lives in my neck of the woods, and I think we really need to spend some quality time sewing together!  She makes the most beautiful scrap quilts....

So did I succeed in giving you a "little" inspiration?  They say good things come in small packages, and if you are anything like me, you've got lots of small scraps just itching to be made into a quilt!

So get sewing!

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Wow, those are all amazining. What is it about small pieces that make a quilt so appealing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I have been working with strings, and I've made a dent in the pile of them. Hopefully I'll be able to share my top on Friday. A postage stamp quilt may be my next scrappy quilt, I have a bin of 2 ½" scrappy squares. The rainbow quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, 4000+ tiny squares sound like pillow stuffing to me!! I'm working on my mystery quilt along today, and hoping we don't get ice tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck on finishing up those commission quilts, Sarah, and thanks for a "little" inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did! The first and last quilts really pleased me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ..I'm usually doing scrap quilts. I follow bonnie Hunter..lol. I'm working on winter blues right now..I wish I knew how to send you a photo. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada but my daughter Chelsea lives in Milan Tennessee. My email is beckylac61@gmail.com..I don't need a pdf but thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ..I'm usually doing scrap quilts. I follow bonnie Hunter..lol. I'm working on winter blues right now..I wish I knew how to send you a photo. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada but my daughter Chelsea lives in Milan Tennessee. My email is beckylac61@gmail.com..I don't need a pdf but thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling all over the first picture. It is just fabulous! I am sooooooooooo inspired. Thanks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow, and freezing ice! We are here with like 5-6", with more arriving today. Looking for Saturday for it to all clear up/ Stay inside, safe and warm. Working on my H2H quilt. Being inside is a great time to get some sewing done, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!