Wow, last week went fast, didn't it? And January, too - wasn't Christmas just a couple of weeks ago? Well, I guess time flies when you're having fun, and there's no better place to have fun than in the sewing room! Good thing, because I'm going to be spending a LOT of time in there. It's commission time of year, and they are rolling in. Hooray!
So let's see how last week's list went....
1. Write at least one String Therapy tutorial.
Done! This was the first quilt to make an appearance in the String Therapy series, and you can see the tutorial here.
2. Keep contacting potential H2H quilting community sponsors.
Still a work in progress, but progressing!
3. Quilt at least one ministry quilt.
Didn't get to this one this week, because the commission jobs that started rolling in have caused me to make some adjustments to my schedule.
4. Work on the commission memory quilts.
Serious progress has been made! All three tops are done...
So all in all, not a bad week. And I made an addition to my quilt room, which should help me keep things straight during busy times...
See the whiteboard on the sloped wall? I had been wanting one there for the longest time, but didn't want to mount a physical board there. Then I found out that they make flexible whiteboard surfaces that just stick to the wall - genius!!! Amazon being my friend, I had it in less than two days, and now I have an amazing large space to keep all those "gotta do's" in order!
And here's what I'm hoping to get to this week...
1. Finish the three memory quilts.
2. Deconstruct the t-shirts for one commission quilt.
3. Take photos of t-shirts for a puzzle style commission quilt.
4. Plan out the puzzle style quilt on graph paper.
5. Write the next String Therapy tutorial.
6. If time allows, quilt another String Therapy prototype.
Definitely enough to keep me out of trouble, and if I happen to get all this done, I've got plenty more I can work on! One good thing about having a lot of irons in the fire, it makes you really buckle down and pay attention to how you are spending your time.
So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week??