What is it about bad weather, I mean the kind that keeps you inside because the roads aren't safe, that makes you really crave a pizza? I may have to drag out the yeast and make some pizza dough tomorrow and see what I can find to put on one soon! Thankfully, I have a granddaughter who thinks that pepperoni is a food group, so we always have that on hand, and mozzarella is my friend, so it's always in stock too. We didn't get the promised snow today, but we did have a whale of an ice storm, more than I think I've ever seen here in middle Tennessee. I didn't know when we bought this house that it came with an ice rink!!!
OK, that's enough about the weather. The only good thing about it is that it makes more time to sew, right? So let's see how last week's list progressed....
1. Begin working on the puzzle commission quilt, making bocks and piecing per the layout.
Done! And by that, I mean that this quilt is ready to be delivered to my customer! Unfortunately, the weather moved in sooner than I thought it would and I'm praying for a break, maybe on Wednesday, so I can get it to her.
2. Some H2H admin work - contact the guest bloggers and set the schedule.
Done! We have seven great guest bloggers and I for one can't wait to see what they have to share with us!
3. Order the additional fabric for the third and fourth t-shirt quilt.
Done, and not only ordered, but it has arrived! FYI, fabric.com has been great about getting orders out fast. Hancock's of Paducah, not so much. After waiting ten days for them to pick my order, half of it was out of stock. So frustrating!
4. Deconstruct the shirts for those quilts.
Done! I don't have a picture, but I deconstructed 38 t-shirts while watching Captain Marvel last night. They are ready for the next step, pressing and block-making!
5. Write the tutorial for next Sunday's String Therapy post.
Done! You'll find the tutorial for last week's String Therapy, Hugs & Kisses, right here.
And that's not all I did last week! Because I finished the puzzle quilt sooner than I anticipated, I took these blocks from this....
It's really nice to feel a little bit ahead of the game! I've still got plenty to keep me busy though, as you'll see from this week's list...
1. Quilt and bind the red t-shirt quilt.
2. Make blocks for the third and fourth t-shirt quilts.
3. Quilt and bind the fourth String Therapy quilt.
4. Write the tutorial for that quilt.
5. Deliver the puzzle t-shirt quilt.
6. Organize a new box of t-shirts (if it EVER gets here) and write an estimate for another t-shirt quilt.
7. Start looking at a pattern for a quilt for a friend.
9. Weather permitting, have the kids over for Mardi Gras pancakes and king cake!
Good thing we're iced in, right? And definitely enough to keep me busy. So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?