Monday, September 20, 2021

Make-A-List Monday - Planning For The Next 100 Days!



Hi, all!

It's a good thing rainy days and Mondays don't really get me down, because it's been raining here for three straight days!  As we watched the TN Titans play in Seattle on Sunday, the sportscasters commented on how unbelievably nice the weather was there - while we suffered through Seattle-like rain all day.  I'll be glad when this system passes through!  We're supposed to have beautiful fall-like weather then for a week or two, which would be really nice.  I am so ready!  How about you?

Last week was a very good week on the quilting front - let's see how it went....

1.  Re-assemble the vintage top and add a border.
2.  Quilt and bind that vintage top.
Done!  This quilt is ready to go to its owner!


3.  Quilt a quilt that will be a farewell gift for someone at church.
Done!  


4.  Keep piecing the hockey quilt.
Done!  And I mean really done - the top is finished!


5.  Bind two ministry quilts.
Done - but alas, no picture!

And with the completion of numbers 1, 2, and 3 on that list, I have finished all of my obligations and can work on what I want for the rest of the year!  I've decided to join in Leanne's (@devoted quilter) WIP challenge, devoting the next 100 days to finishing up my WIPS.  So mostly, my weekly lists will be geared towards that.  Here's what I'll be working on this week...

1.  Make a back for the hockey quilt.

2.  Quilt at least one of the grands' annual quilts.

3.  Work on some fun Christmas pillow covers.

4.  Lay out and assemble the blocks from my vacation quilt.

5.  Make a few more blocks for my Endless Summer lap quilt.

It's fun to think of what I have to work on - I had  bunch that were top of mind (the annual quilts) but when I started digging I found several that I had forgotten about.  Some just need quilting, others need more blocks pieced to move them along, so I'll probably be working on blocks some weeks in between other stuff so I don't get bored with the block-making.  That's usually what stalls a quilt for me.  And in the interest of keeping myself accountable, here's my list of goals for the last 100 days of the year....


It will be interesting to see how much of this list I can finish (and if I end up starting any new quilts at the same time!)

And now I have only one question - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job ticking off these items! The 100 days of WIP's sounds like an interesting challenge for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your 100 Day WIP Challenge, Sarah! What am I working on? I'm still chipping away at the mountain of boxes from our recent move. One of these days, ALL of our belongings will be in their proper place and I'll be able to quilt again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on that vintage quilt, Sarah! And I love that hockey quilt! I'm not big into hockey, but that quilt is going to be a hit with whoever it's intended for, I'm sure. Good luck on the list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!