Friday, February 24, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A VERY Productive Week!

 

Hi, all!

Well, it's Friday again, and hopefully you're not snowed in somewhere! .Although you know what they say - snow day, sew day!  But it being Friday, it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on, so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I started out this week with the hope of getting a quilt for my great-niece finished, and I'm so happy to say that I met that goal!


It's a sweet little quilt, and I backed it with leftover bits and bobs of the fabric I used for the hearts on the front.  Some swirly-girly quilting gives it a wonderful texture! It's currently in the mail headed to my niece.

But wait - that wasn't enough!  We are in the midst of two big projects for the quilt ministry at church - the quilts we make for our high school graduates each year and another, larger, project that I can't talk too much about it right now.  But needless to say, we've got a lot of quilting to do!  So I got the bright idea of striking up a friendly competition with my friend Piper, who has been keeping the quilt ministry running for the past year in part by doing much of the quilting.  We decided to see who could quilt more quilts by the next time we meet (next Tuesday) and we were off to the races!


I quilted these two on Wednesday...

...then added this one...



...and this one on Thursday!


And this one is loaded up on the frame and ready to go first thing Friday morning!

Five quilts in one week is pretty good - but hopefully I'll double that by next Tuesday.  We shall see!

In other news, today (Thursday) we had an absolute gift of a day here in Tennessee.  The sun was shining, and it got up to 82 degrees!   It was so wonderful to be a blessing to go sleeveless and barefoot all day.  Tomorrow the high will only be 55, but for one beautiful day in February, we had a little foretaste of spring!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?

What's got you doing a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


10 comments:

  1. Great finishes!!! Whoop-Whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the work you've done on quilting so many quilts! It feels so good to be on a roll! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see your Friday post until this morning on my end. You got oh so much quilting done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a LOT of quilting! Hope your shoulders can handle it! :) Good luck finishing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What machine do you have and is it computer generated or free motion. Nice quilts. On the one that is just loaded, did you put two pieces of batting with the new tape? I purchased some and hoping it works better than doing the zig zag stitch! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, freezing here encased in ice. Can't even imagine 80. I am not such a fast quilter, mine take much longer. Glad you were able to get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes! Friday was the best thing in a long time! We were at 81, so right there with you! Even the 50s are okay, with no overnight freezing, but what a blessing Friday was, the first wearing of the sandals! LOL

    You've done a great job this week. I wish I were using my machine, but at least I'm still sewing and have things to celebrate, quilting and otherwise. I hope Piper did as well as you did! Those quilts will be done in no time, and what a great gift that is.

    The one for your GN is just beautiful. I would never have imagined those colors could be so good together. Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really DID accomplish a lot! Congratulations! And I love the heart shapes quilt. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did so much! 5 quilts is a lot and to get 10 done in a week...amazing. I struggled to put binding on last week...but what the heck that is the way some weeks go!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!