Monday, February 6, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - It's Crunch Time!

Hi, all!

I have come back to the real world with a bang and a half, realizing that I've got a bunch of quilt-top-making to get done in the next couple of weeks!  But before I elaborate on that, let's see how my list (from two weeks ago) went....

1.  Finish the pattern testing quilt top.

Done!  And I can even share a picture of this one - Paper Hearts by Kelli Fannin Quilts!

If you love the look of half square triangles, but don't like making them, this is definitely the quilt pattern for you!

2.  Finish writing the first two tutorials.

Done!  The tutorials for these two quilts have already posted...



...AND I have the remaining four planned and in draft form on the computer, waiting for the photos I will take while making the prototypes!

3.  Graph out a fourth quilt for the series.

Done!  All the quilts are lined up and ready to be made!

4.  If time permits, cut out the third quilt.

Done!  And not only cut out, but well on its way to becoming a finished flimsy!  That should happen tomorrow....

5.  Keep up with walking, yoga, and Italian!

Walking and Italian are coming right along, but yoga has taken a back seat while we were traveling, and I haven't gotten back to it yet.

So I'm really pleased with the progress I've made on the writing of the tutorials.  Now I just need to get the actual physical making of the quilts rolling!  Here's what I'll be working on this week....

1.  Finish the third prototype quilt top.

2.  Cut out the fourth prototype quilt.

3.  Start piecing the fourth prototype quilt and TAKE PICS!

4.  Pull fabrics for the fifth prototype quilt.

5.  Pull fabrics for the sixth prototype quilt.

5.  As usual, walking, Italian and hopefully some yoga!

Enough to keep me busy and then some, but hopefully if I knock some of this out, I'll feel a little less stressed.  Right now I feel like I've got a train breathing down my neck, pushing me down the tracks.  Not a pleasant feeling, but I'm sure if I can get some things done, it will get better.

Oh, and I did get a nice surprise this past weekend - and it has a funny story.  Right before we went on our trip to Florida, my husband texted me and said he had a "new doorstop".  I thought he might mean the dog so I went into his office, only to find him making very sour faces at his work computer.  It was dead as a doornail.  The IT guy said he could bring him one in Florida, so no problem there.  When he got his new computer, he was so excited - a new MacBook Air with an M2 processor.  Doesn't mean much to me, but he was really excited!  He was comparing it to my laptop, looking at the size, the weight, the screen size - and then he asked me how old my laptop was.  I guessed five years, about the same age as the one he had that had just died - but no, it was an early 2015 - 8 years old!  He suggested that we get me a new computer so that I didn't drive him nuts when this one finally gave up the ghost, so when we got home, we went to the Apple store and got me one just like his work computer.  It's sweet!  I particularly love the fingerprint touch id button, and the keyboard has a nice bounce to it when I type.  And the battery!  On my old computer, the battery ran out after two hours working by the pool on vacation.  I have charged the battery on this computer one time since Friday!  I can tell we are going to be very good friends......

So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!


Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You've really got a lot going on!! So many prototypes, I can't wait to see what you've got planned :-) Oh, and I just LOVE getting a new computer!!! (I'm geeky that way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a lot! Good luck with getting it all done. I have to put some fire in my sewing behind and get a bit more done. Just found out a special baby is coming in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have so much going on and do so well getting it all finished! Enjoy your new computer. I got a new desktop for Christmas and am enjoying it bigly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so busy! I LOVE your newest quilts, but can't find the tutorials 😞 Happy Valentine's Day 💛💛

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!