Friday, July 28, 2023

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Getting Ready for A Sew-Along...


 Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around once again, and hallelujah - we are finished with this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July!  It was fun while it lasted, but a whole lot of work, so that's one of the things I'm whooping about this week.  But I'm sure you all have things to share too, so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I am grateful for the success of this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July - we had great blog stops, I had a PDF of the quilt to be able to send out when people asked, and I managed to get all of the posts done a few days before each had to run!  But now it's time to get to work on some projects with deadlines so I can start working on the grands' annual quilts!



I did have a really fun day with Lilli on Thursday - we went to see the Barbie movie, then came home and put together 18 kits of the Christmas tree wall hanging for a get together with my sewing sisters at church Saturday!  We took the month of July off from meeting at church - so many people were out of town - and this is our "let's get back to work" treat.


Lilli did a great job of pulling these all together while I finished some of the cutting - she even thought to add a candy cane!  The only thing we forgot?  The one square of brown for the tree trunk!  But I can cut those and add them when I add the pattern, which I still need to print out.

I think I may have a few left over after Saturday's festivities - so be sure to tune in Monday because there may be a giveaway!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


9 comments:

  1. This will be a fun back to Wednesday night sewing for your group. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have those kits for your Sewing Sisters! They will love them! I need to start your quilt. I have the fabric picked out. I am having surgery on Tuesday so we will see how I feel for the 2 weeks that I am off work :). I hope to at least get the top done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another successful 12 Days of Christmas in July! Hard to believe that August is almost here...I best get started on some Christmas gifts. Enjoy your Saturday sew day at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like a pdf pattern, please. This is so cute! Thanks so much for doing this 😻. Tobyyellow@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day with your grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat kits, and so nice to work with your granddaughter. Merry Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun getting back to projects you want to do! Great job on CIJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your site. I would please like to have a PDF of the Christmas pattern. Thank you.
    aurora - louaurora@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!