Monday, July 10, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Getting In The Mood!

 

Hi, all!

Monday is here again, with all the promise of a new week and a fresh start!  Good thing, too, because I've got so much on my plate - I need a few extra days in the week!  

First, though, let's see what happened with last week's list...

1.  Finish assembling the 12DCIJ prototype quilt.
Done! I'll have more info about this after we go through the list...


2.  Assemble the two t-shirt quilts.
Done!  These are small, so they shouldn't take too long to quilt.


3.  Source fabrics for the second quilt commission and write an estimate.
Done, and I have the materials purchased and ready to go when I get through some other stuff in the queue.

4.  Keep going with those driving lessons.
Done!  We actually got out on a major road today, and she's doing lots better - although I did let out a little scream at one point today.  Lilli just laughed!

5.  Quilt one of the remaining full size quilts for the ministry.
I didn't get to this one. Unfortunately, these will have to wait until I get some stuff off my plate!

Now, about the quilt-along.  I've received a lot of emails asking for a PDF of the pattern, and I've had to respond that I don't have one yet!  This is a work in progress, and progress is slow.  But I'm working on writing both the pattern and the tutorials, and may have one by Friday when we start.  If not, I'll have it soon after.  

People have also been asking what they have to do to participate.  All you need to do is show up!  I'll be giving you the fabric requirements in just a minute, and if you have your fabrics on hand on Friday, you'll be ready to start.  I'll provide the instructions for each day's work on my blog.  I'll try to give you about an hour's worth of work to do each day, but if you can't keep up, don't worry - the posts will be there close to forever!  (Don't believe me? Check out some past years' tutorials!)  

Now, for fabric - to make one just like mine, you will need:

        Green    -     1/2 yard or one fat quarter 
        Red        -    1 yard
        White    -     3 1/2 yards
        Brown    -    Scrap large enough to cut a 3.5" square

You can vary your color scheme as you wish.  I used prints that read as solids and a white on white just to give it a little visual depth.  If you have a good selection of scraps, you may choose to make a scrappy version - I'd love to see that!

And just for fun, there will also be a wall-hanging version  - I'm working on that one right now!!  I wanted to be sure that my tree directions were correct, so I cut out another set of pieces and realized I could make a neat wall hanging too.

OK, I think that covers the questions I have received so far.  Just FYI, most of the content this year will be on my blog - disappearing from the blogiverse for a year AND getting a late start is not good for projects like this.   But I've had a good group of ladies step up to do some special posts, and on our light days - when you will be continuing on something you started on the day before - I'll be sharing some of my favorite Christmas things!  So I think you'll find lots of inspiration, and maybe a few new projects too.

So here's my list for this week...

1.  Finish writing the pattern for this year's Christmas quilt.

2.  Write at least three of the tutorial blogposts.

3.  Work on the wall-hanging version.

4.  Keep up with the driving lessons. 
(And stop screaming!)

5.  If time permits, quilt the two small t-shirt quilts.

So I really need to buckle down and manage my time well this week.  But I'm looking forward to 'seeing' you all on Friday for the start of this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop!!

Hopefully, Bree will manage to entertain herself, because it's really hard to ignore this beautiful face when she wants to play...


And now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I have queen size hexie quilt I continue to work on , hand quilting a larger than twin but smaller than double, piecing a toddler size and when I think of it continue to try to figure out my knitting - and of course continue with the garden tomatoes and canning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving driving lessons was not my favorite thing. You get so much done every week, I think you are hard on yourself. I'll sew a label on today and do a photo shoot - sun is out and looking for farm animals for a fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our granddaughter will be getting her permit next year...scares the bejeebies out of me! LOL I have a couple of projects in the works this week. I can see how you cannot resist playing with that precious sweetie pie and her big ole hamburger!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That toy burger looks almost as big as Bree. I didn't get my driver's license until I wasa in college and then I used a driving school. I'm finishing the binding on a baby quilt and have one more baby quilt needing to be quilted.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you Bree. That burger looks like lots of fun. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!