Monday, July 3, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Hello, July!

Hi, all!

And hello, Monday!  It still feels like the weekend, but my calendar says it's Monday, so it's time to take stock of last week and make some plans for this one!

First, let's see how last week's list went....

1.  Gather up all my sewing supplies for our trip.
Done!  I actually found my little zipper box this time, and it turns out I was smart - I had left a post-it note inside with a list of all the tools I usually take with me.  That made it go a lot faster!

2.  Give Lilli some driving lessons!
Done!  But it's just a beginning.  It's hard to find safe spaces to teach kids how to drive these days, but we're working on it.

3.  Work on assembling the 12DCIJ prototype quilt, and TAKE PICTURES!
Ooh, have I been working on this one - and today, after much up close and personal time with Jack, my friendly seam ripper, I finally finished the five center blocks.  Pattern design is NOT for the faint of heart!  Next step, assembly!  Here's a sneak peek...


4.  If time permits, lay out the first of two t-shirt quilts.
I haven't done this yet, but everything is ready to go, as soon as I get the prototype quilt finished.

5.  Meet with another customer about a t-shirt quilt commission.
Done!  This will be a larger quilt, but still fairly simple.  

So I made some progress, even though I don't have much in the way of pictures to show.  And here's what I'll be working on this week...

1.  Finish assembling the 12DCIJ prototype quilt.

2.  Assemble the two t-shirt quilts.

3.  Source fabrics for the second quilt commission and write an estimate.

4.  Keep going with those driving lessons.

5.  Quilt one of the remaining full size quilts for the ministry.

For anyone who might be interested, Bree turned out to be a most excellent traveler!  She enjoyed the ride, didn't cause any ruckus except when we stopped to get some lunch and she saw some other dogs.  She wasn't too sure about our rental (neither were we!) but she acclimated well and slept like a champ.  She also did a great job protecting me from any random bears that might happen by....


...but she was glad to get home, even though it's hot as blue blazes here!  Her favorite place to sit is in my lap where the circulating fan blows right in her face!


My new day lilies don't seem to mind the heat though - aren't they gorgeous?



And once again, I'm putting out the call for participants for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop.  I've had a few responses but there's still room for lots more!  All you need is an active blog and the desire to share something Christmas-y with the world.  It can even be a re-post of something you wrote in the past.  Quilt or decor tutorials, holiday tips, family traditions, gift ideas, entertaining tips, or whatever else you can dream up - the sky's the limit!  So drop me a line at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com and join in the fun!  The hop runs from July 14-July 25th.

So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so true, pattern design can certainly be a challenge, especially when the plan and its execution don't match! Looking forward to 12DCIJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my kids to church or school parking lots to practice driving. Lots of empty space and few hazards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful views--glad you had a good time! I am getting ready for a trip now--more fun to be there (a visit to my parents) than to prep to get there! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!