Friday, July 7, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? It's Beginning to Look A Lot....

 

Hi, all!

Well, Friday has rolled around once again - they seem to come faster and faster, don't they?  Especially during holiday weeks!  But it is Friday, and that means it is time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

On the days when I wasn't doing holiday cooking, or teaching Lilli to drive, I did get some sewing done!  I've been working on the prototype for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along, and today I finished the top!!  



Most of this quilt was really simple to make, although I admit to spending some quality time with my little friend Jack (the ripper) while working on that tree in the center.  But you can take heart - I've worked out all the kinks and it will be quick and simple to make one of your own!  The quilt-along will start on July 14th, and if you follow along, you'll be able to finish your own quilt top in twelve days.  Sound like fun?  

And that's all I've got for this week - doesn't seem like a lot, but it takes a lot off my shoulders, for sure.  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


9 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! Who doesn't love a double 9 patch and the tree is so cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start the Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - It's classic, timeless and very pretty. And it will be lovely with quilting filling in the spaces around the tree and between the chains. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, a Christmassy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack the Ripper! LOVE IT! LOL

    Love the quilt, too. Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I need to do to join your quilt along that starts July 14 your quilt looks beautiful and very doable for me so is there a sign up and fabric requirements? Yes I am eager to be ready
    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top is beautiful! Yes, what do we need to do to join the sew along?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the quilt -do you provide the pattern or do we purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an exciting Christmas in July QAL!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!