Friday, January 24, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Good Thing We've Got Quilts!!

Hi, all!

I sure hope you are all staying warm - I'm so-o-o-o-o ready for spring, aren't you?  But at least the cold weather gives us an excuse to stay inside and play with fabric - and you can never have enough quilts to cuddle up under!!  So let's get our whoop whoop on and see what everyone's been working on!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

We finished a few more quilts for the quilt ministry this week…


This one went to a woman with lung cancer...



And this one went to a gentleman with lung cancer.  Debora pieced it, but I'm especially fond of it because I came up with the quilt design - a modified D9P!


Patty donated this beautiful top, which was given to an older woman with lymphoma.



This top was given to a young mother who went in for surgery and ended up on life support...





and these two quilts, made by Betty, were given to her two daughters, fage 4 and 9.  You'll be able to read more about these three quilts on the Piece*Love*Quilt blog later this weekend.


This quilt was given to an elderly woman with melanoma.


And this one is going to a young mom who just had open heart surgery.

So far we're doing well in staying on track to reach that 1000th quilt this year!  We've given out 20 quilts so far in 2014…

And now let's hear a big whoop whoop for Marie…


who chose the fabrics, pieced the top, quilted and bound this quilt!  It wasn't her first, but pretty close - and she did a great job!! I love the soft colors in this quilt.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What have you been working on this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share with us - we want to dance along with you - because it's always more fun to dance with friends, right?



The linky will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah





22 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! Always so inspired by your productivity :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the eye candy today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love penguins, so I love today's happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to stay warm for sure! Such beautiful bright quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy, cheerful quilts. You and the ladies do beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow more beautiful quilts! I really love that pastel soft one at the bottom! Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dancing penguins made me smile!

    Love the variety of new quilts. That bright log cabin just sings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful collection of quilts Sarah, I am sure they brought a lot of comfort to their recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful collection of new Ministry Quilts you have Sarah! Congratulations on that. They are all so very special. Thanks for sharing and reminding us of how blessed we are to have our health and to be able to make and enjoy our own quilts. With love... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless you and all you girls for your beautiful works of love and kindness. I'm really fond of that sampler style quilt with the hearts and homes and flowers! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to see the variety of quilts finished by your ministry. But it is so sad to read of the people who need a quilty hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous quilt show you have shared this week! I especially like the secondary design the large scale basket quilt has.
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful bunch of caring quilts - the mother/daughter trio especially touched me. I'm also super curious about how your D9P variation works.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilts are so beautiful. Your group always does such amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoop whoop, Marie! Beautiful choice of colour! Love that muted and "silent" quilt! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful bunch of quilts you've shown today! They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty quilt as usual. Your group is touching so many lives. Sending prayers to all of you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, your website makes me happy every time I visit...my energy level always jumps up several notches. Thank you for that, and for all the inspiration you provide with your blog and with your reader hookups.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely quilts you all make. I wish I lived in your town and could join in all of your fun for real ... following your blog is the next best thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you have been busy getting the quilts finished. I'm sure that the ones who received one truly loved it. Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love all the bright and beautiful quilts you and your team made. So inspiring. Have a beautiful and productive week. Owo and YES you deserve a happy dance. I am very happy to join this party.
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are all great - but those bright ones really call to me! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!