Monday, January 16, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Chasing Squirrels, Having Fun!

Hi, all!

Welcome to the end of a long holiday weekend!  My brain tries to forget it's Monday but I'm here now - so let's see how last week's list went!  I have a feeling I chased a few squirrels, but let's check...

1.  Quilt a ministry quilt.
Done!  It felt really good to make a ministry quilt from beginning to end again - I've been doing bindings to keep up with the tons of quilts Rita has been quilting, which is a fair trade of skills, but it's fun to make a whole quilt sometimes!


2.  Quilt the Free Spirit quilt.
Done!  Quilted and bound and ready for a photo shoot this week!  The big reveal is next Monday...


3.  Make final decisions on at least two of the Stunning Stars quilts.
Well, I picked out the fabric and cut the pieces for one - it's a start!


4.  Start piecing at least one of the Stunning Stars quilts.
Done!  But I'm keeping this one under wraps for a little while longer...

5.  Start working on the final assembly of a Dear Jane quilt left partially finished by a member of our quilting group who died last year.
I didn't get to this one yet.  

6.  Try out a smaller (mug-rug size maybe?) of the LLR pattern.
Didn't get to this one, either!  Blasted squirrels!

7.  Press and fold one tub of scraps, or make at least six string blocks, or both!
Oh, but I did do this one!!  Pressed and folded my neutrals tub - woohoo!!!

Before..

...and after!

8.  Take care of any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave a few away this week...

This quilt went to a woman who just had surgery for cancer...



...and this one went to a woman diagnosed with an aneurysm. The doctors will be determining how to treat it this week.


And this one went to our pastor's first grandchild, born just this past Saturday!


So I guess it's time to 'fess up and introduce you to the squirrels from last week...


First up is this jelly roll quilt - it kind of happened by accident and turned into a tutorial on the blog last Friday!  It was a good squirrel to chase, though - it kind of got my mojo back on track.


And then yesterday, I decided I needed to make some pretty twirly skirts for my granddaughters to help showcase the Free Spirit fabrics in next Monday's blog post.  So I started on that today...


I think it's safe to say it's going to be a really twirly skirt!!

So that's what I've been working on for the past week - I didn't get to everything on the list, but I did accomplish quite a bit.  I'm comfortable with that!  Here's what I'll be working on this week...

1.  Finish up some items using the Free Spirit fabric.

2.  Set up a photo shoot for next Monday's "big reveal" post.

3.  Piece one of the Stunning Stars quilts.

4.  Pull the fabrics for another Stunning Stars quilt.

5.  Pull out the Dear Jane and set up a plan for completing it.

6.  Look at a repair job and see what will be needed to complete it.

7.  Finalize the details on a new commission quilt.

8.  Do some organizational work on 2017's Christmas in July blog hop!

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

That should keep me out of trouble for the week - and maybe I won't be chasing too many squirrels, either!  A few little projects should help inspire me, and keep my mojo in prime working order. Here's hoping, anyway!  

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Busy, but your ministry quilts are always winners in my eyes. Twirly, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love your squirrels! (Especially the blonde headed ones peaking out! :) ) I'm busy working on bindings and have 6 more quilts to quilt...hoping to get 2 of them done this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that 'ministry quilt from beginning to end' pattern, does it have a name...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. with the 365 finally a flimsy, have moved on to the farmer's wife stack of blocks...and the stars/time warp stack also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning to end quilt is stunning. I have pulled out all my finished tops and trying to find backings or piece backings for them all. Then I will cut the battings. Then I will get them loaded on the longarm and try to make a dent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished the last two clues on the EN Provence Mystery. It has been boxed and set aside and I have started cutting the prices for the wedding quilt for my nephew and his bride to be. So far I am on schedule with this one. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that top quilt for the ministry. It would be fun to make, with larger blocks (I'm not good at tiny blocks). The first ministry quilt for the lady with cancer also looks cool. Have fun with your twirly skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ministry quilt you made from beginning to end is very pretty.

    I'm plugging away on a couple of UFOs...trying to keep my mojo going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much quilty eye-candy on your posts. And loved the pic of your grand-daughters peeking around the jelly roll quilt. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the quilt and the twirly skirts. Those dang squirrels can be so much fun sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My To Do List this week
    (yes, I know I won't get it all done, but anything is better than nothing.)
    1. 5 WITB
    DONE 2. Bind Test Quilt
    3. Make label for Test Quilt
    4.T-shirt Quilt to top stage
    5.Quilt QOV
    6. Quilt Patriotic Star
    7. Work on Jo's Club
    8. Winter Solstice block
    9. Make headphone pouch
    10. Quilty Fun to Top stage.
    this was my list. I made it on Monday, but didn't post it. LOL
    I'll try and update in a couple of days on my blog.
    I love your twirly skirts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!