Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - the Up-To-My-Ears-In-Grandkids Edition!

Hi, all!

Welcome to a special edition of Make-A-List Monday - the Up-To-My-Ears-In-Grandkids one!  Between lots of middle of the night "NANA!!!"s (which make me fall asleep as soon as I sit down during the day!) and too many helpers to do any sewing, I'm late posting my list this week.  But I wouldn't change it for the world!

So let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Put the borders on the Dear Jane quilt I'm finishing up for a friend.
Done!  After fighting with set-in seams (my first experience)...


I managed to get all four corners in and a muslin border sewn all around!  


I'll quilt the border, then cut scallops out of the quilted muslin area to finish off this quilt!
2.  Quilt and bind the Dear Jane quilt.
Putting on the triangle border with the set-in corners took much longer than I anticipated, so I haven't done this yet!

3.  Repair a vintage quilt for a customer.
Not finished, but hey, well begun is half done, right?  I did lay out the entire quilt and identify all the places that need repair, then went and picked up all the supplies I need to do it.  You can see just some of the repair needs in this shot of the quilt.  But as you can see, it's a lovely vintage quilt, probably at least 100 years old, so well worth saving!



4.  Start working on a scrappy quilt (details on Wednesday!)
Done!  I started on a "Long Time Gone" quilt (pattern by Jen Kingwell), and I've made the first two blocks so far...


This will be an ongoing project on "I May Have A Scrap Problem..." Wednesdays - hopefully it will help eat up some of those scraps that are wildly reproducing in my studio!

5.  Get the guest room ready for a 3-day sleepover 
with the grandkids!
Done!  Although you couldn't tell it now - 
it looks like a bomb hit it!!

6.  Bind a quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  And not only this one, but another that I didn't take a picture of yet.  I love this quilt - a donation from one of the wonderful piecers who bless us with their creations!


7.  Quilt a couple of quilts for Stash Builder Box.
Done!  I really hoped I'd have the bindings done too, but grandkids and sewing don't go too well together yet!



8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave this quilt to a woman who was just diagnosed with cervical cancer...


...and this one went to a woman who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  This one was requested by a woman we sent a quilt to three years ago and she loved hers so much she wanted a friend to have the same experience!  


So I didn't get everything done on the list, but at least I held my own!  It was a very ambitious list, so I don't feel too badly.  Here's what's on my horizon for this week...

1.  Make more blocks for my "Long Time Gone" quilt.

2.  Bind the two quilts for Stash Builder Box.

3.  Quilt and bind the "Dear Jane" quilt.

4.  Begin repairs on the vintage quilt.

5.  Quilt a couple of quilts for the quilt ministry - for a special project, quilts for our high school seniors on graduation.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!

Another ambitious week, but maybe I'll have better luck this week - after the grandkids leave today, they'll be heading out on a trip with their parents for the rest of spring break, and my husband is going out of town until Saturday - so I'll have uninterrupted time to really crack down on some of this list!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy the company while you can and then enjoy the solitude in your studio once you're alone! I'm getting a few days 'home alone' soon and have been trying to get every last thing done so I don't have to stop sewing unless I want a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you repairing that vintage quilt? Especially areas that have rips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I am making nine patch blocks for a block exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great things going on as usual. Enjoy your time with your grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have certainly achieved quite a lot even with the grandchildren, so good that you are able to repair the antique quilt and so nice to be handing out quilts to those who are so poorly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Dear Jane quilt is wonderful! I do have a question that eludes me: what is a Stash Builder Box?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bowtie blocks! So pretty! Your Dear Jane is stunning! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!