Friday, June 8, 2018

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

Hi, all!

After a VERY long and busy week, it's finally Friday, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Have you been doing any happy dancing this week?  It's time to share what you've been excited about!  Let's get started...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

My week has been full full full - but not much sewing, at least not at home.  It's vacation Bible school week, which means...


The youngest grandkids are participating in Vacation Bible School for the first time, which means I need to be on hand in case of meltdowns, etc. (they are more common in kids with sensory issues).  So I've been at church with them every morning, working in the quilt room while they do their thing.  That means I've been able to do some interesting things, like explore a new way to do frankenbatting...


For this, I took some sheer weight fusible interfacing and cut it into 1" wide strips.  Butted up two clean edges of batting scrap and laid the interfacing on top, fusible side down.  A good hot iron and presto, one piece of batting instead of two!  So much easier and faster than dragging out my zig zag machine!


I also put together these great scrappy blocks - I've got almost enough for a quilt, only five left to make and then the setting triangles and corners!  Hopefully I'll finish this top tomorrow morning while the kids are at VBS.


I also finally managed to get the last of the Hands2Help thank you packages off in the mail!  After six trips to the post office (because it was way too much to take at one time) I got the last one in the mail on Wednesday.  Woohoo!!!


And then on Thursday night, I made a lovely, luscious peach pie using some fresh peaches that were going to go bad before we got back from vacation, so now we'll just have to eat the pie before we leave - and I don't think that will be a problem!

So that's what I did this week - 
Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


17 comments:

  1. Your scrappy blocks look like fun and that pie looks absolutely delicious! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and it was!!! (And still will be tonight...)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful accomplishments! Love that you can quilt while the 'littles' go to Vacation Bible School. Yes, I can see that the pie will not go to waste :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Grandma you are! But it is a bonus to be able to work on quilts at the same time. Wow! And fresh peaches... oh, those are the absolute best. We don't get them too often up north. Love your pie with the lattice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week and those blocks are really neat-they look so good next to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that joining method just haven't given it a try yet, just butt up and use a little spray baste to hold in place and quilt! Yum on the peach pie, and yay for all packages mailed - mine arrived on Wednesday, thank you! Next time, I'll give you my daughter's address in Michigan, right across the river from Ontario, to save you $$!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the frankenbatting tip! It looks quicker than zigzagging. And the pie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite pie - yours looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pie looks delicious!! Can I come for coffee and pie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’re so right about “Vacation Bible School” tired! Hopefully it was a great week for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to do some frankenbatting, but I keep ignoring the pile. Some day......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh that pie looks delicious! I like those scrappy blocks, too. Always something to tempt me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love peach pie!!
    The trick of joining the batting scraps is genius. I will definitely store that one away for future use. Thanks for sharing it. Thank you also for the book (my Hands2Help gift). That was a treat to receive in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the batting technique, I must try that as well. I get so frustrated piecing it together with the machine~

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a product called batting seam tape that works exactly like that, but I'm guessing your method is less expensive. How much is a package of the interfacing you used? I was going to order more seam tape, but I'll get interfacing instead if the numbers work out. I don't mind a little scissor work :)
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep saying that I'm going to try the fusible web idea for batting, but, by the time I need batting, I'm usually in a rush, and just cut into my really large pieces. I even have the fusible web stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the batting idea. I'll have to give it a try nn

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!