Monday, June 18, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

Hi, all!

Well, the wedding is over, I'm back from Canada, and it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming!  Good thing, too because I've got a bunch of things that need finishing, and I haven't even touched my June Scrap Attack project!  So let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Finalize the schedule of bloggers for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop.
Done!  I'm so excited about this year's hop - and there are still a few slots if you are interested in being one of the hop blogs!

2.  Write the tutorial for the quilt-along quilt that will be on my blog during the hop.
I'm about halfway done - I needed some measurements I left at home - but the bones are there!

3.  Add new tutorials to the Tutorials Page on my blog.
Done!  I added this year's Scrumptious Scraps tutorials...


4.  Write my Monday, Wednesday and Friday blogposts. (Partly done, now that you're reading this!)
And completely done now!  It's always confusing when I'm traveling, and easy to get my days mixed up...

5.  Read a book for my husband (research so he doesn't have to!)
Done! It was actually pretty good - Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - so I gave him a good review!

6.  Update the quilt ministry "quilts donated" list.
Done!  I really need to do better in keeping it up to date on a daily basis...

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, a quiet week last week - I didn't hear of any quilts that went out (although that could change when I see everyone Wednesday night!)

So all in all, a good week - I also found a little time to try out lettering and calligraphy, which was fun!  The whiteboard was a great place to practice a little bit today...


And I found a sweet little quilt shop in Calgary...


In addition to really beautiful fabrics and cool notions, they had a lot of original (and made by) Judy Niedermeyer quilts on the wall!



My husband spotted the two red quilts shown here and positively drooled... I told him they were kind of out of my skill set, and he said, "But I LIKE them!  You could make one of them for me any day!"  So I guess I'll need to see if I can learn how to paper piece...


They really are beautiful, aren't they?

So last week was fun and productive, but it's time to get back to the regular stuff!  Here's what's on my list for this week...

1.  Quilt the turtle quilt.

2.  Assemble the second quilt-along quilt sample.

3.  Quilt three H2H tops for some friends.

4.  Start on my June Scrap Attack task.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Enough for this week, I think - if I get through all this, I'll throw the quilt-along quilts on the frame, or finally quilt the denim crescent quilt!  There's always something to work on in the studio, after all!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah
SaveSaveSaveSave

9 comments:

  1. Will your man get the red quilt?? Stunning designs.Another busy week, not so frantic down here but occupied quite enough for me.Almost caught up with some online blocks, the second Green Ted of learning just need the B Eng and M Eng on his books and he will be ready to applique, the first one will go to Grandson, a pocket on a laundry or field trip bag maybe. After all, he is finishing his BSc this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, make the man his red/white quilt!! You can paper piece! I'll come visit and show you how! Haha! You get so much done, it's always fun to read your list of what's coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list for the week! The quilt shop was a good find-those display quilts are inspiring, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I can guarantee is that you won't whip up one of those Judy Niedermeyer quilts in a week. They are beautiful but very intricate and fiddly. I've done a table runner and that was enough for me, but some people are addicted to them.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy Niemeyer quilts are gorgeous, but are time suckers. Her directions are very good and lengthy. I have Sea Urchins started for years and can't finish it. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing ventured, nothing gained so go for it! me i'm making progress on a bed size quilt to be donated...hand quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.netJune 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM

    Paper piecing is easy, nothing to fear. There are plenty of videos out there about it. I agree with your husband. The quilts in your pictures are outstanding. It is a skill worth learning, and I am sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been eyeing a Judy Niemeyer quilt recently. It's for me, so it's behind a wedding quilt that isn't started yet. This week is all about finishing up two bags from a couple of recent classes. Not hard, but not done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to express my gratitude for sharing this helpful article that I personally think is very good. Timing tablets | timing tablet | Business Ideas | tiktok viral product

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!