Friday, June 29, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Quick Project...

Hi, all!

It's hard to believe, but it's Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Some friends of mine are opening a little shop this weekend, and they asked me if I'd like to add some of my pieces to their inventory.  Heck yes!  So I gathered up a bunch of pieces I had already finished, and took them down.  We also talked about a baby quilt, so I gathered up some scraps left over from another project and started cutting up squares...


...which quickly became a lot of assembled blocks...


...and then a finished top....



...and finally, a finished quilt!




Simple patchwork works up so quickly, and I used a straight-line cross-hatch design to finish this quilt off. You can see the pretty backing material - a dark navy in this fabric line, Love Story by Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery fabrics.

So that's what I've been working on this week - - - 
can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until midnight Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



10 comments:

  1. I agree sometimes those little charm quilts are just the best!! (I happen to binge watch Two Broke Girls this week while sewing!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so new and fresh-someone will love to buy the quilty love! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilt finish scraps quilts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    What a great quick finish, and I'm sure your friend appreciates it. I wonder what type of shop she opened? Is it one that you'll be able to offer your finishes for sale often? Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect little quilt! Love Art Gallery Fabrics. :-) Hope you make lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a whoop, whoop for you! I watched this on your IG posts, and it did come together fast! Such a lovely quilt, too. Great to have things in their shop. I hope they do well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three cheers for a fun, FAST finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! And got to love the fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so pretty - I so love scrappy quilts....remind me of cuddles and love....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!