Monday, June 4, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Summer's In Full Swing!

Hi, all!

Well, it was an busy week last week, as I expected, and this week promises to be even busier!  I thought summer was supposed to be relaxing!  But it's a great time for family and fun so we'll just go with the flow.  Here's how last week's list went...

1.  Mail out the Hands2Help prizes!  This is the most important thing I have to do this week - because next week is Vacation Bible School and there won't be time!  
I spent a LOT of time at the post office last week, and managed to get everything off except for the international packages.  My plan is for Lilli and I to take those Tuesday afternoon while the littles are at therapy.


2.  Finish quilting the "secret" quilt.
Done! I'll show full pictures as soon as I can, but for now, here's my proof that I finished it.


3. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away one quilt this week...


This quilt went to a elderly gentleman diagnosed with prostate cancer.

So I almost finished everything on my list last week - just ten more packages to get in the mail and I'll be done.  This week, the grandkids are at my church for vacation Bible school, so there won't be much personal quilting time (although I'll be spending each morning in the quilt room while they are otherwise occupied!)  Here's my hope-to-do list for this week...

1.  Get the last H2H packages in the mail.

2.  Pick out some handwork projects for vacation.

3.  Try to quilt the turtle quilt (already on the frame).


4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Between this list and vacation Bible school, I should be able to keep out of trouble, yes?  I just have to share this with you - a comment from Louise, one of my readers...

I know when you are idle, you roam the town with your gang of church quilters, making the locals nervous.  I can just see y'all whipping out your seam rippers and spontaneously recreating the Sharks vs. Jets rumble scene from West Side Story.... 

LOL!  It's not anything that exciting, but now I want to give that a try!

So now I'll just ask you - - - what are YOU working on this week?



Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Sarah, my H2H prize arrived today. the Craftsy kit is beautiful. We. will look forward to working on it. Thank you to Craftsy for such a generous prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giggling about your slicked-back hair, white t shirt and tight pants, doing the scene from West Side Story. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my H2H pkg yesterday! Thank you. Enjoy your vacation and the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for my H2H package! I'm already looking forward to our "Christmas in July".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on all the goals being met! The turtle fish is heading for its finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having the DTs missing paper piecing - so I'm working on some pink Wild Geese. Love that strip of 9 geese. You can make them with really small pieces.
    I can see you gals dancing down the streets! LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very very much, Sarah, for H2H and for the fun I had making quilts...and for the fun little package that showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Project!!! :-) This week I will do some hand applique on a quilt I picked out eons ago--a quilt called Birdland. It's little bird houses in each block and now I need to make the little "holes" for the birds to fly in. So...lots of little black "holes." ;-) Have fun with the littles this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Sarah, for all your hard work!! I am sure the shipping was a lot. You are so generous to do this for all the participants. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sarah!! Once again you organized a fantastic event :-) I received my gift card yesterday and already ordered fabric today!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad my comment amused you :) Thank you again for all your hard work on H2H. It was such a successful year!
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!