Well, the wedding is over, I'm back from Canada, and it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming! Good thing, too because I've got a bunch of things that need finishing, and I haven't even touched my June Scrap Attack project! So let's see how last week's list went...
1. Finalize the schedule of bloggers for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop.
Done! I'm so excited about this year's hop - and there are still a few slots if you are interested in being one of the hop blogs!
2. Write the tutorial for the quilt-along quilt that will be on my blog during the hop.
I'm about halfway done - I needed some measurements I left at home - but the bones are there!
3. Add new tutorials to the Tutorials Page on my blog.
Done! I added this year's Scrumptious Scraps tutorials...
4. Write my Monday, Wednesday and Friday blogposts. (Partly done, now that you're reading this!)
And completely done now! It's always confusing when I'm traveling, and easy to get my days mixed up...
5. Read a book for my husband (research so he doesn't have to!)
Done! It was actually pretty good - Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - so I gave him a good review!
6. Update the quilt ministry "quilts donated" list.
Done! I really need to do better in keeping it up to date on a daily basis...
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, a quiet week last week - I didn't hear of any quilts that went out (although that could change when I see everyone Wednesday night!)
So all in all, a good week - I also found a little time to try out lettering and calligraphy, which was fun! The whiteboard was a great place to practice a little bit today...
And I found a sweet little quilt shop in Calgary...
In addition to really beautiful fabrics and cool notions, they had a lot of original (and made by) Judy Niedermeyer quilts on the wall!
My husband spotted the two red quilts shown here and positively drooled... I told him they were kind of out of my skill set, and he said, "But I LIKE them! You could make one of them for me any day!" So I guess I'll need to see if I can learn how to paper piece...
They really are beautiful, aren't they?
So last week was fun and productive, but it's time to get back to the regular stuff! Here's what's on my list for this week...
1. Quilt the turtle quilt.
2. Assemble the second quilt-along quilt sample.
3. Quilt three H2H tops for some friends.
4. Start on my June Scrap Attack task.
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Enough for this week, I think - if I get through all this, I'll throw the quilt-along quilts on the frame, or finally quilt the denim crescent quilt! There's always something to work on in the studio, after all!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?